Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Websites

paul1

Anyone recommend website designers? Who did you guys use and can any of you post your web addresses or pm me them for me To have a look and get some tips p l ease?

Do they bring in much work?

Thanks all

im getting one done at the min but key info

key words to be used throughout site which will help in google etc puttin u up the listing naturally

Paul where do you live?

I ask because if your miles away form me then I'll give you the contact details for my web designer...

If your close to me - I'd rather not the competition lol!

Oh and yes defo worth it! It's the main way you'll attract business...

Last edited by a moderator:
recommend vistaprint, cheap and good results PLUS its you that uploads the content,whenever you want - not some half assed office boko who does it when he feels like it

iv had mine 6 or 7 yrs and i think price has increased only by a quid or so in all that time

www.jonnywindows.co.uk

recommend vistaprint, cheap and good results PLUS its you that uploads the content,whenever you want - not some half assed office boko who does it when he feels like it
iv had mine 6 or 7 yrs and i think price has increased only by a quid or so in all that time

www.jonnywindows.co.uk

Depends how professional you want it to look though Jonny...

I mean yours is fine, but if others in the area have nice professional websites, you need to be able to compete, otherwise customers will almost always choose the 'best looking' website - I know this first hand, having had a cheap and cheerful website and getting almost no enquiries, to a professional website and enquiries almost daily...

So it really depends on the competition, where i live there are several very good websites, so I had to pay for a proper website to get the customers rolling in, it has worked amazingly.

Funnily enough your only a few miles from me!!!

Depends how professional you want it to look though Jonny...
I mean yours is fine, but if others in the area have nice professional websites, you need to be able to compete, otherwise customers will almost always choose the 'best looking' website - I know this first hand, having had a cheap and cheerful website and getting almost no enquiries, to a professional website and enquiries almost daily...

So it really depends on the competition, where i live there are several very good websites, so I had to pay for a proper website to get the customers rolling in, it has worked amazingly.

Funnily enough your only a few miles from me!!!
depends what your market is i absolutely agree . i can only say my website brings in enough to fuel 4 workers n more what more can i ask of it. whats your website jake? lets ava gander at it ^^^

We do a lot of commercial stufff as well, so that's another reason we needed a nice looking website,

Infact if I was trad only like you, then I'd probably not even have a website, cos there's loads of work out there for trad cleaners doing domestic, I've seen your boys about actually! Recognise the name now, seen it on the vans, I might have some work you can buy for cheap if you need it? Its only 5 houses but I don't need them now, let me know if you want them mate

are they council house type if so how much dyou want . post the amount on this thread

if double bay or anything like that or big im not intrested , has to be council style to intrest me

are they council house type if so how much dyou want . post the amount on this thread
if double bay or anything like that or big im not intrested , has to be council style to intrest me
Yeah there council style but privately owned,

£42 worth of work all in same road looking for £100.

bit too low priced , im gonna decline.

but if id see you or you see me be sure to chat and maybe toss a coin for them double or quits. no best of 3 tho !!

Hi Jake. I notice from your website that you give the option of trad or WFP. What's the ratio of take-up for each? I'm still in the transition to WFP but like the idea of keeping some trad if they'd prefer rather than losing them. Cheers

bit too low priced , im gonna decline.
but if id see you or you see me be sure to chat and maybe toss a coin for them double or quits. no best of 3 tho !!
No probs, yeah maybe see you around,

Out of interest why don't you clean big houses or bay window houses ?

Hi Jake. I notice from your website that you give the option of trad or WFP. What's the ratio of take-up for each? I'm still in the transition to WFP but like the idea of keeping some trad if they'd prefer rather than losing them. Cheers
Hi mike, yeah when I transitioned to wfp I decided to keep the trad side as an option, there are still many customers out there who simply won't allow wfp to be used, and some houses I find easier to trad..

Most people don't ask what method we'll be using, but I'd say around 25% do request we use trad, it's amazing how much work you pick up when people know your not just using 'that pole thingy' - people still like to have the option...

I would defo keep the trad side alive mate!

Hi mike, yeah when I transitioned to wfp I decided to keep the trad side as an option, there are still many customers out there who simply won't allow wfp to be used, and some houses I find easier to trad..
Most people don't ask what method we'll be using, but I'd say around 25% do request we use trad, it's amazing how much work you pick up when people know your not just using 'that pole thingy' - people still like to have the option...

I would defo keep the trad side alive mate!
Thanks very much for the advice.

I've been window cleaning for 20 years with hardly ever a complaint so didnt want to start now! I have found people don't like the pole even when I know I've done a good job - they can't understand why the windows don't get dried!

I think I may follow suit and keep up the options. Thanks again and nice website BTW

I'd advise avoiding vistaprint - especially when registering domains. They register domains "on your behalf" but in their name, so legally you don't own it & if you ever want to move away from vistaprint you have to pay a release fee to get the domain name which you should already own!

A decent wordpress website will give a designer the tools he needs to build something really professional and still lets you have the tools you need to make your own edits when you want to. /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks very much for the advice.I've been window cleaning for 20 years with hardly ever a complaint so didnt want to start now! I have found people don't like the pole even when I know I've done a good job - they can't understand why the windows don't get dried!

I think I may follow suit and keep up the options. Thanks again and nice website BTW

Yeah defo stick with both methods mate, your probably an absolute pro with the squeegee so would be a shame to give it up entirely!

I tend to use the pole for annoying 'little square' windows and high up stuff, and the squeegee for easy windows,

Unless the customer says otherwise...

Paul where do you live?
I ask because if your miles away form me then I'll give you the contact details for my web designer...

If your close to me - I'd rather not the competition lol!

Oh and yes defo worth it! It's the main way you'll attract business...
Barnsley, south Yorkshire mate, miles away and not planning on travelling that much lol

cheers

Back