Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need a B.O.A.B that won’t destroy rubbers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Washed WC

Been using my b.o.a.b for a while now and a rubber is only lasting me 2-3 days due to something leaving little slits when using the b.o.a.b which in turn is leaving lines all over the glass. Must have been through 10-15 rubbers since getting it. Any recommendations for b.o.a.b’s that don’t destroy rubbers. Been looking are the unger ninja and Moerman b.o.a.b

I use an Unger boab. I just remove the little rubber thing though. My rubber will last a week before it rubs it enough to leave a mark. You can't flip it.

I use a leather belt loop for my little 6". If your really bothered about wasting rubbers, you could use one of them for your main squeegee, then you can use both sides of the rubber. They are quicker than you would think when it comes to taking your squeegee in and out of them.

I bought the new drywalker since I gave them the idea. It is the best. I admit the price is over the top but it does last a long time. Mine is wearing a bit now so I was thinking of a new one.

The dry walker is great for not damaging the rubbers. But they are large and heavy, and it's a bit harder to get you squeegee in and out during the winter when your wearing few layers of clothing, with the squeegee close to your body.

I tend to only use moerman products, when it gets very cold, below zero, and I want to wear heavy gloves, that isn't easy to detail with.

Back