Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Houseproud Knutsford Not Paying Subcontractors

eadache

Hi all i would like to inform any window cleaner that applies for work with Houseproud Knutsford. i worked there for 3 months after working with my friend for 2 years.

my wage was short almost 30-40 pound each week, i took a day of to sort my wages and was sacked for not going to a job.

in the 2 months i had no work 3 window cleaners worked there 1 lasted 2 hours the other a week subcontracting but after the weeek did not recieve any payment what so ever.

my partner was about to have a baby so i eventually asked for job back but with my wages being correct each week i was promised they would be.

ive been back there 2 m onths now and my partner has just had the baby by c section, i asked for a week out to help my partner and was told it would be fine.

i have just found out i have lost my job for taking the time out as soon as my child is born.

anyone thinking of working for this firm be warned barbara ritchie does not care about her employees.

16 people have been and gone in the 8 months i have known bthis firm.

know how you feel, but you got to be careful what you say about people in open forums, could be seen as slander and could end you up in trouble with the law.

yer its a pain that these things happen, but not the right way to do things.

lawfully you are allowed time off yes , but most of the time you have to book it in, or call in sick, cant just take days off as and when it suits.

there are better routes that the employer should of taken like verbal warnings about it first, then writen warnings then the sack.

unless you broke what was writen in a contract, then the sacking could happen straight away.

depends on what the contract said that you signed and what the reasons was given for why they sacked you etc

no im not an employer, yet.

do you have a copy of the employment contract and details why they sacked you etc? maybe could help

Have done a lot of subcontracting over the years not window cleaning its a tough game it does not carry the benefits of p.a.y.e employments paid holidays etc and does get very confusing when working for firms where a site representive is involved as mike as highlighted on site one thing has been agreed but the owner of the business is takin a different view and pressurising for the contract to be completed unfortunately a subbie as few rights unless possessing a written contract which is highly unlikely subbing can be highly profitable but does come at a price to freedom and can be either hourly or priced per job it is very important for the subby to take time to directly engage the person paying for services the rules of subcontracting as otherwise the rules get changed as the contract progresses this is not finger pointing at anyone involved its the bare facts of subbing I would recommend a read of the streetwise subbie publication

In that case mike a quick talk to citizen advice bureau as to your next step is required would be possibly tempted to attend on expected return day of work to get a answer certainetly sounds unfair at best

I also worked for this company,houseproud.. and let me tell you i was,nt proud of working there.. eadache is right she uses peaple for her own means.. when i worked there i was getting 16 to 25 hrs a week when it should have been 40..im glad i left when i did and got another job.. ive seen peaple come and go why i was there and a few at that.. you get no contract or holidays if u dont tow the line your out.. 3 cleaners av left due to know work recently she says theres work when theres not.. and she is advertising again for w,cleaners and cleaners she needs sorting out!!!!

Can never understand these people who enter business thinking people will accept this sort of behaviour and sounds like she's getting away with it and unsure how you should deal with her hence suggesting citizen advice bureau has there are rights you have that have been ignored

To be fair, if I sub out work and tell them it has to be done on a certain day etc, or the sub contractors cant turn up on said day/s etc I would get someone else to do it that can.

To be fair, if I sub out work and tell them it has to be done on a certain day etc, or the sub contractors cant turn up on said day/s etc I would get someone else to do it that can.
mike was employed and as come on to warn subcontractors to be ware of none payment but your comment is valid as the agreement is made clearly with your subcontractor as the discussion process should eliminate any doubts of what's expected

first off, advertising a job with the job centre isn't illegal, all she got to say is I always advertise,

if you have been there less than 3 months, you will prob be on a trial period, so really they can say you wasn't suitable,

have they told you, that you are sacked?

to me, its sounds like a **** company, but am not suprised she treats staff like ****, if they all feel that there is no work around and are lucky to have a job, there is loads of work around,

she hasn't sacked you, then go back to work, as all she will say is he never came back, as long as you get wages slips and payed to bank then you will have a contract, or do you get paid cash in hand

so you get paid cash, when you work, if you do is she taking tax out, what is the hourly rate, as you could be cash in hand,

as long as you earn over £155 a week, you can be taxed, and should be taxed on any thing over £155 a week,

contact tax man and ask are you down as working for her, as she has to update the inland rev every month now, not yearly

find out whos name the money was in , when it got paid to you, as this might be the only proof that you worked for them,

now you have 2 options, **** it and start your own wc business, or take her to court for all the money you are owed, the prob with this is, if you win and she has to pay you, and not taken the tax out, then you will have to pay the tax, she gets ccj

as long as you have the address and business name, you can take the business straight to court for a ccj, no ******* about, less than 10 days it is up in front of a judge who decided

i have been chatting to my friend and he is goin to help with a van and then start leafleting the houses i have done after build completion because they are very big sites and see if we can get the window cleans when the proprieters have moved in. fingers crossed it works but we will also be leafleting as many houses in the local area aswell. so fingers crossed.

its annoying bluemonkey because i have a 3 day old daughter and have been treated like a piece of **** just 2 days after she has been born.

it disgust me because my boss stated we will help in any way we can with kids and then when i have one i get dismissed with no reason and she hasnt even told me just advertised my job.

no morals at all as an employer.

you have been taught a life lesson, dont trust any body, most people will tell you what you want to hear,

forget leafleting, get a load of business cards off vista and go knocking, dont waste your time leafleting, start knocking where you live and try and get as much compact work as possible, carry your ladders and bucket,

Back