Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Update On Ecover

Posh

Just been shopping at tescos unfortunately. Tescos doing 1ltr £1.50. Not as good at home base but still 75p cheaper then usual.

I went to two tescos past couple of weeks and neither had any in stock!

I hope they have some monday when I next go Tescos!

Tescos doing 1ltr £1.50. Not as good at home base but still 75p cheaper then usual.
Maybe not as cheap as Homebase, but any product cheaper than the norm is worth mentioning I think /emoticons/smile.png .

Cleans better then your standered fairy, gives that sparkle!

Fairy is petrolium based?

Ecover is environmentally friendly /emoticons/smile.png

It can also be used in conjunction with WFP and doesn't really effect TDS that much.

Try to get the Lemon version, as it has a slightly lower TDS and cuts into dirt a bit better.

What is so good about ecover.lol. I just brought some too. Just wondering why so good?.
for trad as G said its plant based so biodegradable which is why I've used it since day one the added bonus is that it doesnt leave a residue like fairy. Less turn lines when ya don't fan right.
I don't think it washes dishes as good as fairy though lol.

I don't think it washes dishes as good as fairy though lol.
Funny that, I told a customer that I use ecover now, as stated above and other posts that its better then fairy on windows...
customer asked me if I used it to wash my pots

I mumbled to him, yeah I do..

I also dont think it washes dishs as good as fairy though lmao! /emoticons/tongue.png

Surcare is good too if you can't find ecover, ingredients practically identical, might even lube a bit better, but got some ecover from morrisons the other day as it was on offer, so will try and gauge the 2 again! Hate the smell of it though, can only get the marigold version.

i use ecover and fairy, depending on whats in the shop im in at the time, and there is basically no difference in its cleaning ability, it doesnt clean any better than fairy and if your fanning correctly there shouldnt be any change of direction lines/marks either.

sooooo bored of hearing people on this forum bang on about how much better it is. 95% of windys use fairy, and have done for years and years with none of the problems anyone mentions on here. the only real plus with ecover is that its environmentally friendly, which is only a plus for dodger as he markets his business as being environmentally friendly, as far as i know no-one else on here does so please stop going on about how amazing it is compared to fairy, it works as well as fairy, maybe. end of, we dont need a topic on it every other day

i use ecover and fairy, depending on whats in the shop im in at the time, and there is basically no difference in its cleaning ability, it doesnt clean any better than fairy and if your fanning correctly there shouldnt be any change of direction lines/marks either.sooooo bored of hearing people on this forum bang on about how much better it is. 95% of windys use fairy, and have done for years and years with none of the problems anyone mentions on here. the only real plus with ecover is that its environmentally friendly, which is only a plus for dodger as he markets his business as being environmentally friendly, as far as i know no-one else on here does so please stop going on about how amazing it is compared to fairy, it works as well as fairy, maybe. end of, we dont need a topic on it every other day
Haha I did say if ya don't do it right

lol, the thing is i get it with you dodge, you have a good reason to rate it over fairy, but most people on here talk as if the difference is amazing, when in reality theres next to no difference at all, and worse than that their rating it based mainly on what they have read on this forum rather than the actual differences

i use ecover and fairy, depending on whats in the shop im in at the time, and there is basically no difference in its cleaning ability, it doesnt clean any better than fairy and if your fanning correctly there shouldnt be any change of direction lines/marks either.sooooo bored of hearing people on this forum bang on about how much better it is. 95% of windys use fairy, and have done for years and years with none of the problems anyone mentions on here. the only real plus with ecover is that its environmentally friendly, which is only a plus for dodger as he markets his business as being environmentally friendly, as far as i know no-one else on here does so please stop going on about how amazing it is compared to fairy, it works as well as fairy, maybe. end of, we dont need a topic on it every other day
That is your opinion, no need to have a go at us.
Most people that use ecover(On this forum) rate it better then fairy because of its qualitys!

Enviromentally friendly is one of them and its not just dodger that uses it for that purpose, but he is the only one tthat advirtises that tho.

im not having a go, im just saying im bored of seeing multiple posts about ecover being amazing, and sooo much better when in reality there really isnt much difference. and yes its my opinion, thats why i wrote it.

whats your opinion? is it really sooo much better? is fairy really that bad then?

because fairy does a brilliant job on windows, it always has, so i dont understand how ecover's qualities are so much more superior, as i said i use both and they both work as well as each other.

and also, i dont think you can justify it as better due to its environmentally friendly credentials unless your harvesting rainwater etc as dodger does. its like saying your a healthy eater cos you had a diet coke with your mcdonalds meal

I've used most detergents on the market pro and otherwise and to be fair I’ve found ecover is one of the better ones in my humble opinion.

Like anything is down to personal choice what ppl prefer to use. Simples....

I found fairy bubbles up to much for me. Before ecover I used morning fresh & still use it every once in a while now. I find it very good.

One other aspect with ecover and other non petrol based liquids is that the windows may stay cleaner longer as the dirt doesn't cling as readily, though I stress I can't say for sure it's a proven fact

Latest Posts

Back