Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much water on 1st clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Monkeyfoot

Having a bit of a practice with my new gear, was wondering how much water is used on a first clean as opposed to regular clean. Twice as much? Three times? I emptied a 25litre container just doing the back of a house, although it was first time using it so was faffing about a bit. Just a rough idea would be helpful

You got it right a real thorough deep clean should take you 2-3 longer and you should use around 2-3 times as much water .

You got it right a real thorough deep clean should take you 2-3 longer and you should use around 2-3 times as much water .
That's great, thanks. Put my mind at rest a bit

What we do is turn the flow down and give the frames and glass a good scrub about 3 times then rinse on the glass using a downward sweeping S shaped motion, do the same with the downstairs to allow the water to work then go back up and do them on full flow then rinse off.

What I do is use the customers out side tap, go around the house With some washing liquid on the brush and have the tap up to a good pressure, but not so much that you force water in to the seals give them a good scrub and rinse with the customer's water

After that I go around with the pure, If windows have dried by the time I come back around with the pure then I give just the windows a little scrub with a brush with out liquid on... If that make scene :thumbsup:

Do you not find fairy liquid too foamy and clingy. I use a cleaner degreaser that is really low foam and rinses of easily

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services
I find It works well and was a tip from some one on the forum a year or so ago, but will always try other products, what are you using?

I do like how it clings to the brush, would depend on the job and will get a sprayer with virosol or ubik if it suits the job :thumbsup:

What I do is use the customers out side tap, go around the house With some washing liquid on the brush and have the tap up to a good pressure, but not so much that you force water in to the seals give them a good scrub and rinse with the customer's water
After that I go around with the pure, If windows have dried by the time I come back around with the pure then I give just the windows a little scrub with a brush with out liquid on... If that make scene :thumbsup:
I do do pretty much the same on first cleans if they are pretty bad. I use a splash of fairy platinum and ubik mixed on brush. Good scrub of all frames and glass then rinse with customers tap water. Then go over with pure. I find the fairy platinum leaves a cracking finish.

Screwfix no nonsense degreaser, mix 20:1 in a sprayer, spray direct into bottom frames, spray on brush with water off, scrub leave 5 mins and another scrub with water on and rinse, then do glass. Easy and quick, leaves them lovely and clean

Did two first cleans today and they were bogging. Spray on UBIK, agitate all those areas with your brush, wait for solution to do its business. Attach expanding hose to customers tap (with their knowledge), blast off all the crud with lots of tap water, go onto the next few and do same. Then come back to first window when all have been done and wash it all with Pure just as you would do normally . They come up sparkling and you are all prepped for an easy maintenance clean next time around. Put the graft in first time and the repeat calls are so much easier.

Did two first cleans today and they were bogging. Spray on UBIK, agitate all those areas with your brush, wait for solution to do its business. Attach expanding hose to customers tap (with their knowledge), blast off all the crud with lots of tap water, go onto the next few and do same. Then come back to first window when all have been done and wash it all with Pure just as you would do normally . They come up sparkling and you are all prepped for an easy maintenance clean next time around. Put the graft in first time and the repeat calls are so much easier..
I don't use anything on first Cleans I literally scrub rinse scrub rinse rinse never had any call backs and some haven't been done for over 2 years

I used 250 litres on

a first clean yesterday. Forgot my virosol and forgot to turn the water heater on until the last minute so the temperature was only luke-warm. Usually I would use the customers tap then rinse with pure but it was in a gopping farm and I didn't fancy trailing my hoses through all the horse 'compost' that surrounded the outbuilding with the tap on.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used 250 litres ona first clean yesterday. Forgot my virosol and forgot to turn the water heater on until the last minute so the temperature was only luke-warm. Usually I would use the customers tap then rinse with pure but it was in a gopping farm and I didn't fancy trailing my hoses through all the horse 'compost' that surrounded the outbuilding with the tap on.

I use virasol on conserv Cleans and gutters soffits etc never used on windows on a 1st clean just do it as I said without complaints

Last edited by a moderator:
Screwfix no nonsense degreaser, mix 20:1 in a sprayer, spray direct into bottom frames, spray on brush with water off, scrub leave 5 mins and another scrub with water on and rinse, then do glass. Easy and quick, leaves them lovely and clean
This. Only I tend to spray the window first to avoid scratches (although that's probably just paranoia). Beautiful job

Virosol across the tops of the frames quick scrub with water off then really work across the top of the frames then rinse all the way down to the sill without the brush touching the glass then give sill a good scrub , I work between 2-3 windows depending on the house type then back to first window a extra rinse across tops of frames then clean glass .

Virosol across the tops of the frames quick scrub with water off then really work across the top of the frames then rinse all the way down to the sill without the brush touching the glass then give sill a good scrub , I work between 2-3 windows depending on the house type then back to first window a extra rinse across tops of frames then clean glass .
Thank you very much for everyone's input, I was just a little worried I wouldn't be able to carry all the water I need, but it seems 1st cleans I'll be using a lot more than normal which is fine. Thanks very much

Back