Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinsing With brush ON glass!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David K

hi guys !

Quick question ! ,been wfp for years but never acctually tried it myself ,affraid of bad results.

Ive heard it a couple of times ,that it is possible to rinse with the brush ON the glass, especially on Really High jobs it would be Nice . Even heard Alex gardiner say it in his brush review.

As i understand , this only goes with brushes that non-flocked , something about the flocked collects dirt easier and then it would turn out as a bad rinse because of that.

So ! Whats your experience guys !?

Cheers !

I have only done it on roof lights etc. Wash the glass then hold the brush up to the top edge for a few seconds which builds up a pond above the brush then drag the brush down quickly and the held water pours down over, causing a rinse effect.

If you try it make sure you have a really good flow , my way I let the brush go back to its normal shape .

I've found if the window has bird poo on it , I just wash it as normal with the brush just slightly off the glass when rinsing

I always use high flow and i will rinse on most of the time even with flocked brushes as my high flow rinses most of it while i am cleaning anyway

I just pull the brush almost off the glass and zig zag downwards

high flow a mustlike 99psi not 60 lol what you will fine when you get use to it that the waters gunning out that fast you wont need to rince as much which means you will be quicker , making more £ and using less water ! it just takes some time getting your head run it all if your a low flow user

I rinse on glass on certain jobs on main roads with large panes of glass as their is fair amount of **** those tiny little specks dirt so far easier rinsing on I also use 1mm pencil jets aka Clarkes 1mm welding tips they give a much higher pressure rinse and I have used them for around 7 years now fit easily into Gardiners brushes

Tried it on a couple of back-killing -jobs , and it seemed to be okay , turned the flow up though . Way nicer doing them now , and quicker. :thumbsup:

Tried it on a couple of back-killing -jobs , and it seemed to be okay , turned the flow up though . Way nicer doing them now , and quicker. :thumbsup:

Once you get used to it it is so much easier and quicker

I have my flow on full and smash em out

I ALWAYS rinse on the glass. Have done for years now.

Gardiner fan jets on full, work fast. Uses less water as daft as it sounds.

Not sure why some brushes are ok and some not

rinsed on the glass for years, obviously if the sills are minging or on connys you need to take the brush off sometimes but you get to know when with experience, i can do it with the flow on 50 nowadays but i always use fan jets which helps a lot, my son uses 99 and jesus he can fly horrible healthy young get lol

Noticed some using pencils and some are using fan jets which is the best for rinsing on?

Back