Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need help with understanding WFP

woodsy265

Hi guys, basically I had my heart set on being a traditional window cleaner and didnt give WFP the time of day, however I did some ladder training at my grandfathers and I found i was no good up a ladder, have a mild fear of heights but I thought I would be able to overcome this, I couldn't lol.

So anyway I now want to do WFP, but a few things I dont fully understand.

Can you keep a water tank at home, purify the water there and then transfer it smaller tanks for a trolley system?

If to do above, will you need a outside garden hose to fill the tank?

Do you need a pump in the big water tank to transfer the pure water to the smaller tanks? and then a pump in the small tank on the trolley to deliver it up the pole/brush?

For the pure water do you need a filter system, a reading system for ppm, and then a pump to transfer it? are these all run by battery not plugged in?

Thanks for any help, probably some more Q's i forget as well.

Cheers

chip

i doubt you'll get away with just di in yorkshire unless your very north, even if it's soft water the minerals in the soil come into play, i spoke to a windy in flamborough where the waters softish and was a tad surprised he needed ro.

you don't need a bilge pump to transfer-just raise the ibc about 2 thirds up the cage, prop it with 2x4's, put a 90 bend on the outlet and let gravity do the rest

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
I am in Cornwall and my water is between 80-90 my system is di only as I didn't want to faf with to, waist water etc.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

I agree with James, if your just starting out it would be far cheaper and easier to just use Di. You can always add an RO later but I doubt you would need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends if on water meter too. RO's tend to waste a lot of water, u also need good water pressure (I bought a gauge off eBay for a tenner to check, it varies even from road to road depending on how hilly where u are).

RO will work out cheaper I think if use a lot of water, but if just doing tops prob easier to just use Di instead as above, certainly to start, can always get RO later on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock