Need help with understanding WFP

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by woodsy265, Mar 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. woodsy265

woodsy265 Newcomer

Hi guys, basically I had my heart set on being a traditional window cleaner and didnt give WFP the time of day, however I did some ladder training at my grandfathers and I found i was no good up a ladder, have a mild fear of heights but I thought I would be able to overcome this, I couldn't lol.

So anyway I now want to do WFP, but a few things I dont fully understand.

Can you keep a water tank at home, purify the water there and then transfer it smaller tanks for a trolley system?

If to do above, will you need a outside garden hose to fill the tank?

Do you need a pump in the big water tank to transfer the pure water to the smaller tanks? and then a pump in the small tank on the trolley to deliver it up the pole/brush?

For the pure water do you need a filter system, a reading system for ppm, and then a pump to transfer it? are these all run by battery not plugged in?

Thanks for any help, probably some more Q's i forget as well.
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

All depends what your water is if it's hard or soft, if it's soft it's alot easier and cheaper as a DI system is only needed saving making it at home just put tap water in you containers and have a DI on ur trolly and that will purify it for you on the go.

If it's hard you need a RO system you will really need to set up static tank system at home because it is alot slower and you get alot of waste water, then transfer it, to do that you can use a submergible pump for transferring to your smaller containers.

3. woodsy265

woodsy265 Newcomer

Im from Yorkshire so its a soft water area so just DI then? how long would this take in a 25l trolley system?

4. Paul

Paul Guest

It purifies as you go mate, so un-pure tap water from container to DI vessel and it comes out the other en pure as you work, or you can put it tap to DI and carry pure water in your containers to save you carrying around a vessel, totally up to you really. As long as you have enough pure water for the day, but the plus side of having a DI with you, you can fill up anywhere.

5. James

James Guru

First off Woodsy buy a TDS metre, this way you can measure your ppm rating and then determine what you will need to buy. Filtration system or just a DI set up etc.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?31dnnt

6. woodsy265

woodsy265 Newcomer

Where is the best place to buy these?

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Get them off eBay really cheap.

8. chip

chip Guru

i doubt you'll get away with just di in yorkshire unless your very north, even if it's soft water the minerals in the soil come into play, i spoke to a windy in flamborough where the waters softish and was a tad surprised he needed ro.
    you don't need a bilge pump to transfer-just raise the ibc about 2 thirds up the cage, prop it with 2x4's, put a 90 bend on the outlet and let gravity do the rest

9. Paul

Paul Guest

So some soft water still need RO ? well I didn't know that, wonder what I'll b like up here :-/

10. woodsy265

woodsy265 Newcomer

I dont know West yorkshire bradford, got to be one of the best soft water areas?

Advertisement