Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need info on a canvasser

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dirty dan

Hi guys, just wanted some information about a canvasser. Kind of looking for some background to see if he is any good. The canvassing guy isn’t taking any more work in at the moment so I’ve had a guy called ADAM SPANOS get in touch, he charges x3 for the work he gets. Just wanted to know if anyone has used him? 

Hi guys, just wanted some information about a canvasser. Kind of looking for some background to see if he is any good. The canvassing guy isn’t taking any more work in at the moment so I’ve had a guy called ADAM SPANOS get in touch, he charges x3 for the work he gets. Just wanted to know if anyone has used him? 
You say he got in touch with you, seems like he needs the work, does he not have business name? as he just been trawling through web searches with no track record I wouldn't use anyone

I used Adam to find me £1000 of work in February.  Whilst he did find work, I discovered he sells the service by telling clients they only need to sign up for one clean.  No wonder he canvassed £750 of work in one day.  He also doesn’t check the back of the house so the prices are often wrong.   I lost about 50% of the clients before 3 months.    He ignored my calls and emails asking him to replace the work.   He eventually agreed, but only 4 months later, and after some childish rants where he called ended up calling me racist and dishonest.    He canvassed some replacement work a few weeks ago, Which is when I discovered his questionable sales technique.   He’s ignored my messages again.    
In my opinion, he’s unprofessional and very childish.   I’d advise you to pay only half the amount until you’ve checked his work.  Make sure you get an invoice before too.  Like most salesman he can talk the talk but is reluctant to deliver on his promises.  

Thanks for the info. I think I’ll give it a miss. It seems like they are all scammers then. I got ripped of for £6.5k by someone before Xmas. 
I’ve even been warned about a “popular” canvasser who apparently got a few people customers and then resold them customers on to other window cleaners and threatened windows cleaners when caught out. 
seems like I’m just going to have to do it myself. 

Thanks for the info. I think I’ll give it a miss. It seems like they are all scammers then. I got ripped of for £6.5k by someone before Xmas. 
I’ve even been warned about a “popular” canvasser who apparently got a few people customers and then resold them customers on to other window cleaners and threatened windows cleaners when caught out. 
seems like I’m just going to have to do it myself. 
That’s the safest bet also the customer gets to see you and more importantly you get to meet them and see the property in the flesh so are able to price according to your standards rather than someone trying to just supply any old house to meet figures . 

Latest Posts

Back