Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Still getting arched line

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keefo

I've tried almost everything now in trying to eradicate lines that appears on the window the following morning when the sun shines on the window. It is an arched looking line from fanning technique, a few windows are worse than others but it's a right pain. I'm using Ettore rubber but I've also tried Moerman, ive held the handle further off the glass as suggested by wagga and cut the water down with squeegee on the window at around 45° used different washing solutions. I'm in oz and can't get hold of the razrblade red rubbers. Any suggestions I will try as long as it is using a squeegee. Cheers

Sounds like a technique issue more then the rubber. Ettores considered by many to be the best rubber out there. When fanning use the leading edge to cut the water away, and make sure it flows off the trailing edge. Hope that makes sense, its easier to show in person then it is to describe it.

Thanks. I know what you mean, it's what I've been trying with rubber on glass hitting water at around 45° with leading edge, it's when I get to the towards one side and start to bring it around to go back the other way mainly it leaves a trail.

maybe youre trying too hard ,in the process pushing down too hard.

i find i get the best results when im Not trying, or when more than a little tired such as mid afternoon on a busy day

the worst results are often when somebody is watching me closely

Last edited:
Defiantly not rubbers. I know some rubbers are different & we all have our favs but if you tried a few & still getting it its not rubbers but technique.

yeh me struggling at the mo....

so changed to a new rubber and great..but..

I decided to save that for special jobs...

and struggled on with the old on...

eventually I will fling the old un in the boot and just use a new rubber as I finally concede its time for change../emoticons/biggrin.png

eventually I will fling the old un in the boot and just use a new rubber as I finally concede its time for change../emoticons/biggrin.png
dyou find old rubbers out on the street ,laying in the dirt - discarded by other windies presumably?

i sometimes do, usually 10 inch , i always then think ,youre an odd fooker , who uses 10 jeez

yep once found one on a flat roof where I clean which I was a bit peeved at...

and next doors dont look like they are cleaned..maybe a bird picked it up and dropped it..

still kept it though...as you never know...it may work okay for me..

yep me on mainly 18inch these days or my 14 for the smaller ones and the odd small one little one is four inch..

got a great bag of second hand rubbers well you never know they may get better with time..:rofl:

I had a load of scrims but for some reason a couple just rotted..they could literally be torn by hand..

well..they now go in the bottom of plant pots to save my compost falling through the drainage holes

old rubbers can be attached to ladders as a protector for sills etc or used in many places...even use em to tie shrubs up...

In what way are you struggling, do you mean with a line etc. I'm trying to chop the water down without overlapping too much. It's strange some windows are fine. I will try bit white vinegar in bucket of wate. What are people's preference, putting bit of soap on window like polzn and using neat water or adding soap to bucket of water?

yeh I am pretty sure my problem is just the cheapo pulex blades coming to the end of their life...as it has developed a bend half way down and I just keep messing about but...messing about is time and I cant afford to waste time..

as for soap...well..for me...its very much the luck of the draw sometimes Ive oversoaped others nearly water....but still the show must go on...

was on a biggie today and right near the end ran out out of scrim...so I carried on with my reserve tiny hanky size scrim as to walk back to my car was too far and i wasnt going over the wall till I was finished..

crack on...as they say../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back