Need Some Advice, Help !

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Mike48, Feb 27, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Hi all,
    need to start my own window cleaning business. Have to feed the kids and all that. Anyway I am very new to all this,infact I havent even started the business yet. I really need to know that as a newbie should I start with the trad method or wfp. Money is tight so I am restricted. If you could help,maybe a combination of the two methods might be good? what do you think.
    Where would be the best place to get an economic mobile wfp from? What do you have to do to ensure the water is pure? Do you have to add chemicles and if so what?
    So many questions so little time.
    Cheers.Mike

Advertisement
  2. JDMW

JDMW Guru

hi mike, how much money do you have to spend first?? it all depends on how much you have to spend, i started wfp on just a little over 200 quid, i got a cheap backpack where you put the purewater in, you dont need special water filters like most. i harvest rain water which does the same job and a few guys on here use rainwater, its good if your on a water meter.

trad im sure you could start up for say 80 quid, get a set of ladders for 50 quid maybe off ebay, check them over tho for cracks etc on the joints. the rest of the gear you could pick up in homebase.
    im sure the others will be along soon to comment

3. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Cheers, JDMW. Ive got about 600 quid to invest. We live in a flat so cant harvest rainwater. Is there anything I can add to tap water to make it "clean".As to the ladders the missus wants me to have a good set, would a 2 or 3 set be best and what hieght should I be aiming at, 6 7or 8 meter. I will be only aiming at residentail property, so will only be upto 1st floor.

Cheers

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

buy a tds machine and find out what the tds of your water is,

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i live in a flat but i also have a garden, i got a massive shed with perspex roofing, this keeps the tds down to about 4ppm. if you collect of the roof it can vary i found. you can get a ro unit for about 100 quid, depending on your water pressure you may need a booster pump aswell, like bluemonkey said, u need a tds meter to know what your water is. where abouts do you live?? if ur up north you might be safe to get just resin, if your in midlands or south its a ro unit.

6. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Hi blue monkey, thanks, but what is a tds machine.As i say im oh so new to all this

7. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Hi JDMW, can I ask what a ro unit,I live in Grimsby.Yes it does smell of fish and chips. I like it though :D

8. Mike48

Mike48 Member

Hi Blue monkey , cheers. So this gardiner company could supply a ecomonic back pack wfp system, to get me going, Are they any good?

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Stick with trad if 600 is all you have just now mate. You can allways purchase it later down the line

Advertisement