Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need some advice please!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDH

I haven't been in the window cleaning trade for too long but I've been asked to quote for two large offices, one of which has around 65 large windows plus many more internal windows. Now I know most people quote based on how long its going to take them e.g £30-50 an hour, this obviously takes experience, something I don't have right now!! So just looking for a bit of advice on how long you reckon It'll take me to clean and how much I should charge for this. Many thanks! 

Impossible to say without pictures. Access is key, as the time spent cleaning bigger jobs relies heavy on on how much time you have to spend setting up and moving the hose around obstacles and parking spaces.

Personally I price bigger jobs per pane. £1 for ground floor, £2 for first floor, £3 for second, etc. Larger panes count as two or more, smaller as half a pane. But I'm not in the UK, so prices may vary.

Indoors I do £1.5 a pane. Internal glass can be a pain, especially if there are a lot of computers and papers around. It is very time consuming, though there are tools and methods to do it fast.

Since you lack experience, either you insist you do it on an hourly rate to set the baseline, or you go in high and hope you get it.

Not sure how busy the road is outside but if fairly quiet then it looks a nice straight forward up and down job. Buy a 45cm 4 jet brush and you'll knock that out, comfortably, in an hour and a half. So as you're relatively new work on 2 hours, this is for outside only.

Impossible to say without pictures. Access is key, as the time spent cleaning bigger jobs relies heavy on on how much time you have to spend setting up and moving the hose around obstacles and parking spaces.

Personally I price bigger jobs per pane. £1 for ground floor, £2 for first floor, £3 for second, etc. Larger panes count as two or more, smaller as half a pane. But I'm not in the UK, so prices may vary.

Indoors I do £1.5 a pane. Internal glass can be a pain, especially if there are a lot of computers and papers around. It is very time consuming, though there are tools and methods to do it fast.

Since you lack experience, either you insist you do it on an hourly rate to set the baseline, or you go in high and hope you get it.

Hi nudel, if you're not uk based can I ask where you are from. As I'm from Ireland and would be interested to know what country you're quoting those prices. I'm good at quoting domestic jobs but have no idea where to start on commercials. Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi nudel, if you're not uk based can I ask where you are from. As I'm from Ireland and would be interested to know what country you're quoting those prices. I'm good at quoting domestic jobs but have no idea where to start on commercials. Cheers

I live on the Faroe Islands. A litre of milk can cost £2.50 and a decent loaf of bread £3.50, so the cost of living is high, but so is the income. Thus please do take my price advice with a grain of salt, 

I know many people say £1 a pane, but it seems like it doesn't matter if its second or third story which I don't think is right.

I live on the Faroe Islands. A litre of milk can cost £2.50 and a decent loaf of bread £3.50, so the cost of living is high, but so is the income. Thus please do take my price advice with a grain of salt, 

I know many people say £1 a pane, but it seems like it doesn't matter if its second or third story which I don't think is right.

Lol. I'll check Google maps to work out my commute. Cheers anyway

Back