Need To Get An Accountant

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by harunh, Oct 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

do u pay him jsut for the one time or for 1 years service ?

if so do u pay installments etc ?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I pay him one off fee after he does my return. Costs me 300 a year most will let you pay in instalments though

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

or just do it yourself, there is no real need for one

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I disagree, They guys no there stuff. They know all the ins and outs and all the tricks of the trade

5. paulio

paulio Active Member

I've still undecided about getting an accountant or not, a few people have said its worth it coz they know their stuff etc. but what do you mean by that? I'm guessing its the expenses side of things you gain on by having an accountant but do they really save you that much money to warrant the initial outlay?

What extra can they save you expenses wise that you can't do yourself?

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Im not sure to be honest. I dont like the though of going a tax return. I would rather leave it to the pros, They guy that does mine goes the extra mile for me. Any and I mean any business advice I need he will help. Hes even phone up council for me a few times. Comes by the house to pick books up. I can phone him on weekend etc for advice or help.

He even knocked 70 quid of my last bill. Im happy paying 300 quid a year to be honest

7. laddergarder

Its not just knowing what to claim for, but know what you will get away with as well, like what % of your heating bill of your home can you claim as business use. Then there is thresholds, new government policies etc to deal with. Knowing about capital gains, allowances, what level of depreciation to put through on vehicles etc. At least with an accountant, you know that things are done right. That way if you're unlucky enough to get audited, you're not going to have them going back years for something you've been claiming that you shouldn't have.

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I paid an accountant once and it was over 500, so for the last 15 years I saved this amount by doing it myself

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i think the right accoutant is a great asset to any business and can save you a lot of money and time ,if you get an audit and your affairs arent in order then you could end up owing a lot of money or worst case end up loosing your business.its a personal choice really ,ive noticed since the recession started a lot of accountants have dropped their rates , in my first year i was paying 500 now i have it down to 240 so thats not even a fiver a week

10. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

I'm going at it myself, RC is always there hahaha

Advertisement