Neighbour of customer !!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CHWS, Jul 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Well the story goes I was cleaning a customers house and there is an alley way I take the ladder down to jump over the back... so I jump over clean the house and on I go..... 20 minutes ago the neighbour of my customer rang and said I broke his sky dish today. I said that's impossible I cleaned the back myself and the ladder didn't touch the sky dish.. he then said it was broke to smitherines and thought he would have got away with just a receiver and then said he needed a whole new dish and will I pay him for it and that it would cost £100. I said if I had off hit and broke or hit it I would have been at your door to tell you. He said is this how your going to leave it . I said yes it is because I didn't touch it..... so basically where do I stand with this if he does try to take this further ? Am I going to get the blame or not?

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

He had left me a voicemail actually saying the time I was there and it was at lunch time so maybe I did hit it:mad:

3. Pigeon

Pigeon Guest

sounds to me like they try and do a fast one, i would stand my ground anyhow it would be their case to prove you broke i,t so keep cool and wait for their next move.

4. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I thought that like, I don't understand even if it was me how the whole dish would need replaced like. I've been walking the steps through my mind to see if I hit it and honestly can say I can't recalling hitting it

5. Pigeon

Pigeon Guest

if you have smashed it beyond reckonicion i would say that you would be in no doubt, it have hit a tv antenna with the ladder and it was highly noticeable.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I bet this has happened to many of us on here, it certainly has to me, twice! Both times it was my fought annoyingly. I had to pay for sky to come out and re-align, £60 both times.
    That was when I was trad and moving the ladder about. Not happened whilst wfp. Proof wfp is better lol ;)

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

U have hit it ..if ur thinkin like that. It doesn't matter mate .if new one is needed its needed . Apologise a lot. And paŷthe bill ....wen it comes ... The way I do things like that is ... Say I will pay whatever it is wen u get billed for it.. Ie sky charge u on ur bill for it... Say u need them to issue a invoice for insurances purpooses

This shouldn't be a problem for a big comany. And it stops the guy pullin a fast one

After this get him a voucher for a nice restaurant .it the least u can do

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if you know it wasnt you,give a short verbal total denial followed by ignoring him .dont text or write anything youll later regret mite even incriminate so totally ignore him and then its up to him to prove things

9. steve garwood

True, don't want to be sending out the wrong signals. :D sorry.

10. steve garwood

Is it worth going back and walking it the way you think you would of done it naturally and seeing if the ladder goes anywhere near the dish?
    I would, or otherwise this would send me nuts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement