Networking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Feb 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Do any of you guys use networking events to gain work, my uncle runs one and said when
    I start up he will take me along, introduce me to potential clients, meet local businesses and offer my service.

What do you think.

Advertisement
  2. Reform

Reform Guest

its defo worth a try! let us know how it goes.

3. laddergarder

I have thought about stuff like that, but never really gave it any real though, nothing really beats, just knocking on someone's door and just asking them if they would like there windows cleaned.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Oh yeh for sure ladder that will be my main priority, peoples doors work for everyone else so I will make it work for me :p

5. Iain

Iain Guru

It's good for making contacts. It's rare to meet someone there that gives you wok directly but you'll probably meet someone and get referred. Great way to get private and commercial jobs.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Anything is worth a try I suppose, I might get some I might not, you never know but no harm in giving it a shot.

7. Iain

Iain Guru

Definitely worth a go Paul. Even if it doesn't work out at least you can say you've given it a go!

8. simon

simon Guru

funny you should mention that cos i was invited to one a week ago last friday & it seemed interesting, couple of people seemed interested in my services then i found out it cost £654 for a years membership more if you pay by direct debit then £7 at every meeting = £1018 for your 1st year & your expected to go to every meeting or send a stand in & attend various training sessions my meetings at 12 -14.30 every friday so that most of a day lost so it costs about £20 a week & your not guaranteed any work. still i thought it might be worth doing for a year so i was gonna go again ( you can go twice for free) last friday but cos of rain i only did 1/2 day monday nothing on wed & couldnt work sat so had to work fri instead . having said that it sounds good but i know i'd come to resent having to give up fridays

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh this is £500 a year but I won't be paying as my uncle runs it and it's just a little hand along off him with my new business, it's a early morning 6:30 or late ***ht 19:00 meetings to make sure it doesn't dristrup work so I'll give it a bash when everything is up and running. :)

10. simon

simon Guru

right 19.00 sounds good i might go to a 2nd one & ask if there's a late one, i think if you did it for a year you could probably get some good contacts & the bloke who took me said i'd easy pick up £2k of work in a year which i'd love, when i went there was a roofer, a decorator & a electrician who i ***uely know & they all do well think ive got a commitment phobia

Advertisement