never seen before

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by MARTIN27, May 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MARTIN27

MARTIN27 Newcomer

Hi guys was out doing a bit yesterday when another shinner started on the house next door I was on with only a ladder a microfibre and a spray bottle got talking to him and he uses this method all day and charging top money never seen before anyone come across it?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Never seen it myself, but window cleaning is bad enough on the joints with a squeegee let alone scrimming each and every window.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There is more than one way to clean a bit of glass you know.
    That's just another take on the old school rag & buff method.

4. cheapncheerful

that is the problem sometimes...like that ball ache job on friday...you use the wrong method...

I do like to vary my ways of cleaning as it keeps your day from getting boring..

am even...wait for it...going back to scrim one day this week as have a rear conny with leaded windows and she er....didnt want that wfp thingy...I mean she is out but nosey neighbour is around..:D

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

In truth I like to wfp everything if I can. I have one job that is still squeegee and mop, but I never take new work if it can't be wfp.

6. cheapncheerful

IM very tempted to just sneak my trolley up and wfp the leadeds and sneak it back in again...it may happen..so much faster...:D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't have to sneak about as they either want their windows cleaned or not.

Also I will not be dictated too how to clean them either. As long as they are left with clean windows it should not matter what method you chose surely?

8. Alien Human

Agreed Smurf. I always try to find out the reasons for wanting to dictate though as many of the ones I have come across are understandable and therefore relatively easy to overcome e.g they have had a naff experience with a previous windie using either method, they have just had new windows put in and the window company have advised against getting them cleaned with a certain method, just had the windows painted and think that the acid which we use in WFP or bucket will burn & disintegrate not only the frames but cause the entire fookin house to fall down.........ok, all actual conversations with my customers apart from the last one :)

9. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Well-Known Member

Can't be doing with it when people want the windows mopping and scrimming because they think "the squeegee will scratch the windows"?

<< >>

Also, I know it's not on the subject, but some next door neighbor of a house I clean (only house on the row I don't clean, because she just hates everyone) says this wall with a 400 lb topstone is "going to come down" when I stand on it to do that bottom bay top panel...

http://i.imgur.com/NiP7cu0.jpg

I suppose the whole bay is going to fall down when I stand on the windowsil too. Some people just don't figure with reality

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah that's when wfp comes into its own cheap, miles faster on the leaded windows!

Advertisement