NEVER SEEN SO MANY BUCKETS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Reach For The Glass, Mar 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Hey guys

Is it just me or is it that time of the year.

I'm out canvassing now and I've never seen so many 2 man gangs and a trad starter kit walking up and down the roads.

Honestly I've seen at least 15 pairs of fellas in shitty tracksuits and buckets trawling the roads looking at houses.
    I'd say at least 12 beer boys out for a quick buck. 1 who looked a proper tradder and 1 with a proper fully kitted wfp setup.

Most annoying thing is the beer boys seen to have unlimited work all day long!

Rant over

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Some of them may be genuine
    You can't tarnish em all with the same brush
    We all started somewhere & sometimes its sensible to not buy to much stuff as you might not like it.
    Testing the waters.
    To many go like a bull in a china shop & spend loads only to find a year down the line it's not for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Reach For The Glass

Reach For The Glass Well-Known Member

Oh I totally get that posh.

Suppose it didn't come across as I meant. I could tell the ones that were beer money guys. Even watching them clean it was literally minutes just quick wash of glass. Then wiping the glass with a cloth after. Knock the door. Pocket the change they were given then off to another.

I am sure some were genuine. Just suprised the amount of people out today that's all.

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Unfortunately it's that time of year, loads creeping out of the woodwork, saw 1 today with a bucket and a petrol strimmer knocking all the doors where I was working, sounded stoned or pissed!

5. TolishAPurd

What are you doing canvassing on a day like this anyway? Save the canvassing for the crappy days.

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

much prefer canvassing when its nice, dont want to do it at the best of times let alone when its miserable weather. Nice weather gives me confidence, shite weather just makes you want to go home.

But either way whether its nice or not if you havent got enough work then youll have to canvass whatever the weather

but yeah seen loads of trad lads today myself, carrying buckets and ladders.

Just an observation but why is it most tradders i see wear jogging bottoms/trackies/normal clothes and most guys with wfp setups wear typical workwear logoed polo tops and cargo trousers?

is illegal to wfp in trackies or trad looking smart?

7. clear view of silverton

clear view of silverton Active Member

Im trad and i where logo top and cargos lol and just taken 3 custys from another windy and getting a higher price all because he splash dash and dont clean frames

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

So they do exist then, just never seen any round here

9. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Hey I wear joggers and a hoody because I'm comfortable in them hate big baggy trousers
    And both me and my man are covered head to toe in tattoos
    Fashion these days I'm afraid
    Think your more concerned about trying to look smart then crack on get good days work

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I personally think your judged in this game by your personality then what we look like

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement