Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up a wfp van for the 1st time....need help please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whitehouse

Hi and happy new year,

I'm starting to use wfp and am setting up the van from scratch. A local supplier has said he can install but I'm on a budget and would rather install it myself also would probably enjoy this too.

Short of asking someone local for a nosey round his van which I don't think would happen I need help with what goes where on the set up. The plan is to have a Di in the garage with an IBC and adding RO when I've a bit more spare cash . The van is to have a tank, pump etc. I'm not to confident with electrics. Has anyone tried this themselves? I'd imagine once you've done it its easy enough but don't want to **** it up either.

Any recommendations on a pump would be good, only starting with one man but plan on two in the near future so a dual pump would be good.

Ideally I'd like to bypass the local supplier and buy mostly of the internet for now as I think the supplier could be a bit over priced but hey he's trying to make a living too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated no matter how small.

Ps someone listed a Chinese site supplying poles real cheap but I cant find the thread anymore. Anyone bought of this ? always imagine handing over card details to these seems risky.

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

Sureflow 100psi pump and varistream controller, 500L tank to allow you to expand in the future, plus a frame, you will need nylock bolts.

Get a gardiners 22slx to start, and if you need higher, get a broker hydra 36 if on a budget, heavy but it will get you up to those 3rd floors!

You will need a hose reel, brodex have one for £60 just now and some 8mm hose, you may also want a number port to go on your bumper so you can lock your van,

You will need a transfer pump from garage to van, you can get submersible ones.

and finally an auto shut off to stop water flowing into ivc

My advise is the stick with a local known and respected supplier such as Gardiners. A good pole would be an SLX25. Get the best and don't scrimp on this.

Before you start, buy a tds meter and check the tds of your source water ie tap. This is a start as you need to know whether you can purify your water di only or if you need an r/o as well.

www.daqua.co.uk sell kits, but you need to ask Doug to quote for an SLX pole if that's the way you want to go.

Thanks, didn't know that about need an ro aswell as Di , Thanks again.
It all depends on your tap water's tds and a tds meter is the first purchase. It will be used regularily to keep a check on things anyway.

Once you know what your tds is, then you can ask for other users suggestions so you can make an informed decision.

Back