Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big Quote For Friday

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

I have a quote on Friday, she want to see if I can do a better job than the other widows cleaner. I suspect that its a recommendation from my current commercial customer for the guy that is charging stupid prices for easy jobs. its about half a hour away but I am looking at £100 for the whole building every 2 months.

View attachment 976

Did you ask what they are paying the other windy?

When they say that it's normally not to do a better job but to try and reduce cost. Some ppl do tell porkies you know /emoticons/biggrin.png

Half hour away /emoticons/ohmy.png so one hour sat in the van + fuel cost for one job worth only £100 dosen't sound that great to me. :rolleyes:

Did you ask what they are paying the other windy?
When they say that it's normally not to do a better job but to try and reduce cost. Some ppl do tell porkies you know /emoticons/biggrin.png

Half hour away /emoticons/ohmy.png so one hour sat in the van + fuel cost for one job worth only £100 dosen't sound that great to me. :rolleyes:
What maths are you doing?

Hour in van £30, 2 hrs works £60 plus £10 fuel

Well sorted

What maths are you doing?

Hour in van £30, 2 hrs works £60 plus £10 fuel

Well sorted
Agreed.

But this is Smurf we are talking about. Don't you know he charges £600 for a conny roof lol

Maybe if you had other work on route or nearby to that job then might be worth doing. However other than that rather than going out of your way you could earn more working localy I would have thought. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you had other work on route or nearby to that job then might be worth doing. However other than that rather than going out of your way you could earn more working localy I would have thought. :rolleyes:
If ya books are not full though why turn down another 50 squid a month?

at the other old age home the same windy was charging £175 and it was smaller so I would estimate that he is charging at least £200 here...

Its should be a doddle as long as they don't want the inside done...

Yep but I can also pick and choose what jobs I take on. There is no point in going too far out if it’s not made worth your while as you soon will get fedup travelling about spending more time in your van than actually earning.

Agreed.
But this is Smurf we are talking about. Don't you know he charges £600 for a conny roof lol

So you are undercutting the other windy just to try win the work?

Maybe you should be looking at upselling your work on quality instead and put in a higher price than you are thinking about charging?

at the other old age home the same windy was charging £175 and it was smaller so I would estimate that he is charging at least £200 here...
Its should be a doddle as long as they don't want the inside done...

Yep but I can also pick and choose what jobs I take on. There is no point in going too far out if it’s not made worth your while as you soon will get fedup travelling about spending more time in your van than actually earning.
Understood but surely if koop hasnt got the option to pick and choose his custom its a no brainer, plus can always canvass the area for more work and tie some other work in the day he cleans that place, job done! :)

Indeed well said but I personally still would not go in at a very low price either,...Each to their own I guess :rolleyes:

if your just starting you've goto take what you can £100 minus £10 fuel that's another £90 in your back pocket better than sitting at home earning nothing.

you should definitely knock doors round that area and get yourself another £100+ worth of work if youre travelling that far you might aswell get a full days work there.

but me personally would rather knock doors on a street round the corner and pick up £100 of work

or add a tenner for petrol and quote £110 /emoticons/smile.png

I still need to see the side and back and I actually suspect that they want some inside windows done.

/emoticons/biggrin.png good luck Friday,.. I'm sure you will do well /emoticons/wink.png

or add a tenner for petrol and quote £110 /emoticons/smile.png
I still need to see the side and back and I actually suspect that they want some inside windows done.

I bet you would /emoticons/biggrin.png

Nowt wrong with 100 quid for that get me ten of them a week id be a happy boy' date=' grand a week for part time hours[/quote']

Back