new 4040 issue

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Chris Finley, Apr 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris Finley

Chris Finley Member

new 4040 membrane only get dribble coming out the pure outlet. i connected the mains to inlet of pre filters, then into the inlet of 4040 then waste out and pure out. when valve is fully open i have full waste water with good flow. when i close the valve say a quarter turn the pure dribbles out...? any ideas

chris

Advertisement
  2. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

You need to turn the valve at least half turn to create back pressure. Or you could have inserted your membrane wrong way round. The seal needs to be then end of the inlet.

3. Chris Finley

Chris Finley Member

the company i brought it from fitted it. they said they tested it also. i have it strapped to a trolley in a vertical position with the waste and pure outlets at bottom, is this ok or does it need to be waste and pure at top, or not vertical at all.

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Okay thought you had replaced the membrane, which company did you buy it from as may be a high pressure membrane.

5. Chris Finley

Chris Finley Member

Sorry Doug. Can u believe there was a stone caught in the pipe! My driveway!

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

as long as you have it sorted well done

Advertisement