New backpack

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Danfire, Sep 1, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

From being totally traditional I've just ordered the new Gardiners backpack and CLX brush and I'm really looking forward to giving my round a go using the new gear.
    Think it's going to be a real treat to not have to stand on a few pitched bay roofs cleaning with one hand and gripping the cill with the other.
    I've got a friend to supply the water, he works for a supplier/manufacturer of some aeronautical engine cleaner and somewhere in the process they make purified water that he assures me will be fine for what I need, he says he can give me four twenty five litre barrels, I'm guessing that will be more than enough to do all the iffy windows on the round (60 properties approx).
    Any tips for a newbie, backpack/trad hybrid operator appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice one :thumbsup:

Get yourself a tds meter to check the tds level of the water he gives you and practice on your own windows first.;)

3. Danfire

Did plan to practice on my own house first. Was hoping to keep costs and aggravation to a minimum. I have a few options for the water, the most convenient is the one I've mentioned, alternatively I know a WFP cleaner that offered to help me out, another is a large window cleaning company in Portsmouth that sell water (100 litre minimum). How much will a TDS meter cost? I guess it's function is to test the purity of the water, what are the acceptable parameters and what can I do about it if it's outside the required limits?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. Danfire

Thank you Smurf, not as expensive as I'd feared. I will look into this.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The chap that owns daqua is a member on here so can give you lots of advice too;)

7. Windigo

Windigo Member

Hi danfire,
    In exactly the same position you are and looking at getting the gardiner v3 backpack with the clx 27 pole. Be interested to hear how you get on with it.

8. cheapncheerful

you will soon be saying:eek: ahhhhh when the pure runs out on your backpack like me today...

9. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Cnc you are so funny, I love your sense of humour, I would have loved to see you cursing as the pure ran out!

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

danfire nice one the back packs are great thats what I started with really handy
    you wont believe how quick you will get
    as smurf said TDS meter water checked and your a way get decent brush a must
    keep us posted

Advertisement