New battery advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beccy, Apr 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I use car batteries instead of a leisure battery as I'm on a bike so can't charge as I go. I have 2 and charge them in the house with a mains charger. One on charge and one in use....

I recently got a new charger as the one I was using was borrowed and I had to give it back. Within a week both batteries have died. So, I think there's a fault in the charger, so will be returning that tomorrow but I now also need a new battery.

The choice is huge and I'm not really sure the difference between them all. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks :)

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler :D

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If you buy a leisure battery, make sure your next charger will charge gel batteries. One like THIS

3. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Is there a reason for me to get a leisure battery over a standard car battery?

That is the pretty much the same charger as will be going back tomorrow ;)

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler :D

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

5. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Thanks, that's really useful. Unfortunately weight is a massive factor for me and leisure batteries look like they're a good 8kg heavier than standard batteries :( that's like having an extra baby on the trailer!

This is the pump I think I have:
    http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/FL100.html
    I can't go and check because we're not living at home right now (long story involving dry rot and a hideously big impending bill) but can anyone hazard a guess, or have a look if they have the same one at how many amps it is? I'm guessing not many but don't want to end up buying a too small battery.

6. cheapncheerful

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

9. johnny bravo

you should be able to get the pure freedom batterys cheaper via ebay.
    may try one of these myself when set up. didnt think of them. till i got sorted

10. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Thanks guys. I wasn't able to buy online as I had jobs that had to be done on Sunday and being in the Highlands things take a long time to be delivered. So I went ahead and bought a cheap standard battery to get me working again for now. I'll get sorted with a leisure battery of some description as my second battery soon :D

Advertisement