Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from newbie and a few questions....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trickydicky

I just want to say Hi from snowy Scotland and im enjoying the forum as i have been lurking for a few days reading a lot of old posts.

I currently have a pressure washing/coatings company and i also do a bit of gutter cleaning and fascia/sofitt cleaning by hand/ladder .

I am away to purchase a water fed pole system for cleaning the conservatories and fascia but will be doing a DIY as i have a pump in a box from my softwash outfit for cleaning roofs and was hoping to adapt that .

I have decided on a gardiner slx25 as my pole as i am also going to be using the pole as a delivery system for spraying the roofs on my softwash as the gun only shoots so far and i believe i can add to make this 35ft if needed.

I am wanting to build a trolley system that will allow me to switch from tap water for cleaning to R/O Water for rinsing quickly and could do with a helping hand as im not sure of the best way to approach this. I am intending bringing RO water on site rather than using resin.

I am also wanting to incorporate the unger hiflo in line chemical mixer for my detergent and not sure where this would go in the system .

I am using a delevan fat boy pump on my softwash and its a 60psi and around 20lpm which i know is a lot more than the pumps that you use. Will the flow controller allow me to turn this pump down to a level thats suitable for the type of work im looking to do?

Which brush should i be looking at and will it be better with fan jets bearing in mind im only wanting it for cons/fascia cleaning?

Do you notice much difference on the upvc fascia between cleaning with pure water as opposed to tap water and with it being high up am i just as well using the tap water( which is very soft) or better with the RO water?

I think i better keep the hot box questions for another post!!

Cheers

Welcome @trickydicky. You are in Scotland, I think that the TDS is very low there, so you might be able to use a DI set up only. Buy a TDS meter to check your tap water. If you get an SLX-25, buy a white sill brush with the wide fan jets fitted for fascias etc.

Tricky what coatings do you offer mate?

I'm about to start a pressure washing venture of my own any hints or tips would be great fully received

Back