Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question on using a pole

T

Tony Hall

OK another question gang,

When I do windows that I'm unable to get to I use one of my Unger poles with a Wagtail combi but the problem I'm having is I'm getting water marks around the window glass. I'm using a fixi clamp with a folded scrim in to wipe down the frames before washing and around the glass after using the combi.

Has anyone got any tips on how to clean the frames on the pole and make detailing easier around the windows.

Thanks All./emoticons/wink.png

Last edited:
I don't think there is anyone that can get windows perfect by using a trad pole despite what some claim. I always explain to the customer that particular window won't be perfect and smear free, but it will be cleaned.

get a trolley wfp system...oh another battle brewing..i not scared anymore of them out of reach windows...but like tolish says ..if you tell the custy...most can see they are hard to reach...

On first cleans always do them twice and rinse off the glass and clean the frames.... then on the second clean you just clean and rinse the glass

I've had a neighbour across the road as me to clean the windows but the window frames haven't been done for years, the front of the house has slopping roofs under the bedroom windows. Its impossible to use the ladders because of the angle and its not even a question of standing on them for support as its to dangerous, the only option is to use the pole.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do or use as I don't want to turn the job down as it will be a good little earner, while I'm practicing and starting up the business./emoticons/wink.png

Pole them, or ask if you can do them from inside the house. I have one customer with health problems, so hes always home, which allows me to quickly pop upstairs to do the window above his conservatory which is unreachable even by pole.

Pole them, or ask if you can do them from inside the house. I have one customer with health problems, so hes always home, which allows me to quickly pop upstairs to do the window above his conservatory which is unreachable even by pole.

Thanks Tolish, I never thought of doing them that way it sure makes the job easier. /emoticons/wink.png

Works a treat mate. Many modern pvc windows these days are designed to be cleaned this way, but the older ones can be a bit awkward.

on a first clean i scrub the whole lot frame and all then use wagtail on the glass , then wrap a scrim onto the pole tip to wipe edges and frames

i wouldnt waste your time using a fixi-clamp , theyre a toy . whereas a scrim sitting over on a pole tip can get into frame edges.

Back