New brushes and 3mm pencil jets

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jake, Aug 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

image.jpg Got some goodies delivered this morning, also a load of 3mm pencil jets, I'll keep you posted on the 'performance' of the 3mm jets as I use them...

Advertisement
  2. MrBump

MrBump Guest

You've gone gardiner mad! :D

We'll have to have a 'who's got the most brushes competition' soon :laugh:

3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Ha ha, yeah we're that sad we collect brushes!

4. heyoh

heyoh Active Member

I bought a swivel neck i've been testing, it was hard to get used to it, but i can feel the benefits now.
    As i said in the other thread i will try the fan jet as so many people here say it's better than pencil. After that 3mm :)
    Yes it sounds pathetic lol i guess we are just trying to make our job more enjoyable

5. MrBump

MrBump Guest

You know your a window cleaner when...
    You have more brushes than poles :rofl:

I'm going to finally swap out some pencils for fans this weekend. Might try them on my new orange x-line sill flocked sill brush - by the way its a nice brush, feels super soft, will be a good maintenance brush, I wish the bristles were longer though, looks a bit like an old toothbrush :D

Are those two on the left the same brush? Cos I think I have it lol. What the extreme all about? Is it for big commercial windows type stuff?

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah there both supreme soft hybrids bump, I loved the first one o bought so I've bought two more for so all my poles now have them,

The Xtreme was just for the really really high work, when the pole gets a bit heavy, only gonna be used once a month on commercial, or any really high stuff I get... It's super light, literally feels like a feather!

Fan jets - don't rate them, I found rinsing was super slow, really annoying to use...

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I think you'll find the slightly shorter bristles better.

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Nah I prefer the longer bristles on my unger n-lite sill brush myself, they are twice as long, stiffer and scrub better I think, but I'm worried they are damaging seals by getting under them so weary of using it. That definately won't happen with the x-line though as its soft like a sponge, so its staying on my brush for now. I MUCH prefer gardiners jets, tubes, T connectors etc tho, far better than x-lines Y connectors and ungers have lost the plot. Now if I can find a bright blue sill brush with long soft bristles on the outside and stiff scrubbers in the middle with gardiners bits on it I'll buy 10! :rofl:

Jake I think I have the medium mixed, or maybe soft I dunno, both look the same to me lol. My bro tried out most of my brushes and that was his favourite, if I wasn't a sill brush fan it'd probably be my most used too. Has a nice shape, like the cut corners and it does just feel nice on the glass. The supremes are like the standard to compare all other brushes too :D Do you use your soft for first cleans, can you get a good scrub from it om dirty frames?

That extreme does look strange without the bristles at the side :alien: It really does look light tho!

Can't believe you've got 3 of the same brush haha :rofl:

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

lol, I just love that supreme! Such Easy splay!

The Xtreme is really really light, but won't have the scrubbing power of thicker brushes :(

I always do first cleans trad - much easier to get them clean that way, then just wfp the maintenance cleans...

The white supreme is the mediums, soft are black, I like the black colour brush as well, looks awesome on a black carbon pole :)

10. MrBump

MrBump Guest

If you trad first cleans then don't you have soap to contend with the next clean or two?

Advertisement