New builds - GOCardless - WFP tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Damo, Dec 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Damo

Damo Guru

I have decided over Christmas to try and type up a guide for the above.

it may include other stuff as well.

I was lazy on the New build one, so i will make sure it's done correctly.

I have some awesome ideas for leaflets as well! So anyone who is planning on new leaflets for next year let me know.

Not interested in guys with 18 vans on the road, this is for new starters and people who need a kick up the bum i guess or help :)

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yep it's something I need to do Damo, I've got no such info pack, and I need to start getting people on go cardless

3. Damo

Damo Guru

#3 Damo, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    I am having an info pack designed for new customers.

Long gone is the plastic popper wallet. Came up with a few simple gifts for inside. Should really make people think.

Two are very clever tbh.

Also came up with two new ideas for industry which nobody does at the moment.

Window cleaning IS and HAS been changing for last 5-10 years. Right about when WFP started to get popular/trusted by home owner. The guys who will do well will be the guys who evolve with the way the UK is going.

There is NOTHING wrong working from a car and ladder but i started out the same time as a few other cleaners. They are in such a rut its untrue. One chap called me last night and has invited me out for a meal as we wants to pick my brain. I know why, he wants help. He is competition so that wont happen,but i gave him my old leaflet design to get him going.

I dropped 1800 leaflets and picked up just under 100 customers. 85 ish first contact as well.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My problem is that i worked for other people for a few years after moving and selling my london work which is easy to build up a successful round in london due to being so many houses you can't fail
    Now i am back working for myself it is hard to be out working and still be actively seeking new work whilst having family commitments etc and not enough time in the day
    Always can find time to leaflet a few roads as that doesn't take long
    Any help Damo would be well appreciated and i only work in stevenage and Knebworth so won't stray in to sandy lol

5. Damo

Damo Guru

I do a few car showrooms over your way. So we need to meet up. Should get hat Monday :)

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ooh the hat..forgot about that
    Yeah mate let me know when you're round my way again and I'll come meet you

7. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

If you are looking for more work in Stevenage drop me your details as I don't take on residential any more.
    Do you do con roofs,gutters and fascias?
    My email is
    info@cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Thanks mate just emailed you

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

And yes i do gutters fascias etc and conny roofs inside and outside..although i try to avoid inside of roofs

10. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Could be doing with seeing this too mate, going to be canvassing hard in January for custies. I do work from my car but will be moving onto a van when it eventually dies on me.

Advertisement