Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Increase

delete 'minimal, and' = not necessary.
I does sound better your way..

Delete 'If you would like to cancel or change the frequency of your Window Cleaning Service we kindly ask that you do so within 48 hours on receipt of this letter'. Not necessary as you have mentioned contacting you above it.

Keep it short and to the point not flowery. This will be appreciated and understood easier.
I could have worded this part little better.

To late now there all printed off. Ive got about 20 more to fill in and envelpo and Im done.

sounds good nice letter

i might put my prices up in january instead now

depends how well am doing /emoticons/smile.png

I think gettin straight to the point is better than trying too hard to make it sound nice and apologetic. Its only business at the end of the day, and people respect that. Usually /emoticons/tongue.png

I think gettin straight to the point is better than trying too hard to make it sound nice and apologetic. Its only business at the end of the day, and people respect that. Usually /emoticons/tongue.png
It sound more personal and sincere, Your looking at it from your points of view mate, not a customers.

Yer u agree its pretty much spot on mate. I'm sure that most of them will be ok if it's a minimal amount, are you doing a standard increase, ie all by £1???

If someone calls and is not happy will you agree a lower increase for them ???

no i keep them at the same price mine has not gone up in 5 years as i think 10 pound a house is ok if i put them up anymore i will lose them lol

Yer u agree its pretty much spot on mate. I'm sure that most of them will be ok if it's a minimal amount, are you doing a standard increase, ie all by £1???

If someone calls and is not happy will you agree a lower increase for them ???
yes most people will be ok with 1pound mate as its not much increase

It probably wont, theres not much I can do really. The people houses that are going up are in my villiage. The cleaners here charge 2.90 - 3.80 (small council house)per house. I want my prices at 4.00 minimum! I know most will complain and a good few will stop as they all know the can get done cheaper else where. I would be happy at breaking even... in fact I wouldn't mind taking a small loss. At least then I know I can then start charging 4.00+ each house. Currently My prices are all different... Stupid I know... things you have to do to get customers lol.

Wow 2.90 a house thats penuts!! Ave price for very small place 5-8 quid it must be much harder to make window cleaning pay round your area :-(

I usually tell my customers in March for an April increase. It gets the expensive Christmas and new year bills out if the way and they also have the benefit of no council tax for a couple of months so tend to be a little less stressed about money and are less likely to cancel because they feel they can't afford it.

I usually still lose one or two though!

Latest Posts

Back