New Business - Somerset (Any Help Gratefully Received)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by vinny8467, Aug 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

Name : Ady

Cleaning Method : WFP

Years cleaning : 0

Area : Somerset

About me : Hi all, i have just quit my Senior Operational Management job for a large Logistics company after they tried to double my workload for ZERO pennies!! I have been sat behind a desk now doing Operational Management for some very large companies for the last 20 years and it is time to get off my ar5e!

I have been thinking about doing this for a long time now and have just bought a van, ordered myself a WFP system which is being fitted next week and then i will start looking for work.

It is my intention to clean Windows, Soffits, Fascias, Gutters, Signs, Solar Panels and Conservatories.

I am also going to buy an Industrial Pressure Washer for cleaning of Decking, Patios, Driveways, Paths and Block Paving and a Gutter Vacuum for cleaning Gutters (funnily enough!!).

If anybody has any good advice on the best ways of establishing new customers, pricing strategies, marketing, decent companies for Web design, Leaflets, Business Cards or any other useful information and advice, please comment on this post as any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ady

Advertisement
  2. vinny8467

vinny8467 Member

One thing i forgot to mention, if anybody can recommend good suppliers of H&S equipment ie signs etc, please do so

Many thanks

3. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

For web designs talk to a geezer called dodger on here, very very good web deigner, his work speaks for itself

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hi ady welcome to wcf, you're in the right place for help with anything mate and I hope it all goes well!!

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4

5. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

And there he is.

Real talk, hes done most peoples websites on here and the results are sweet as.

Whoever agree's please kindly donate a reputation point to andy !

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welcome Ady...

Best have a good read on the forum as plenty of helpfull information to get you started.

Though I will say as you put it 20 years sat on your **** it's going to be a real shock to your body as this job can be really hard graft. Money wise you may struggle to come even close to what you earned in the past. On the bright side you will be your own boss and have the option to earn as much or as little as you would like.

Good luck with your new venture :Image9:

7. HotWash Window Cleaners

How did you decide on window cleaning with no experience?

8. HotWash Window Cleaners

I reckon that you have seen window cleaners and thought I can do that, it looks easy.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's easy to wash a window hotwash but as we all know like any manual labour job it's repedetive and can be bloody hard work as I'm sure Ady is aware.

10. HotWash Window Cleaners

If it was easy why have a forum for all those problems people encounter. It's easy to clean windows badly. You cleaning many windows these days smurf? I am sure that you could write a book on the problems associated with window cleaning.
    It's easier when you are experienced.
    I would suggest getting some practical experience before choosing a career change.

Advertisement