Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New business venture

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LJM22

Hi everyone
I’m thinking of starting a business in window cleaning. I’m 43, fit and will be working alone. Any advice appreciated for starting regarding
how many houses at first
Best way to buy a round
Any special equipment etc etc.
I’m not really concerned about eating a fortune just want to get started. Would I be best staring with someone who has a round.
I have cleaned a few windows with a friends family business 20 years ago but it was only for a couple of days to give a lift!
All and any advice greatly appreciated… I am based in Cheshire Macclesfield but can travel
Thanks in advance

First thing, read as much on here as you can, everything you need is here. Look at utube - some people are better than others but they give you a general idea - eg AE Mackintosh, Squeeky Clean Dave etc.
In my opinion don't start cleaning using trad (squeegee, applicator and ladders) it's not worth the risk. Just research into Water Fed Pole (wfp).

Hi everyone
I’m thinking of starting a business in window cleaning. I’m 43, fit and will be working alone. Any advice appreciated for starting regarding
how many houses at first
Best way to buy a round
Any special equipment etc etc.
I’m not really concerned about eating a fortune just want to get started. Would I be best staring with someone who has a round.
I have cleaned a few windows with a friends family business 20 years ago but it was only for a couple of days to give a lift!
All and any advice greatly appreciated… I am based in Cheshire Macclesfield but can travel
Thanks in advance
I literally did months of research before I started and I’m glad I did as it’s helped out massively. Set yourself a budget as well.

* Have a plan in place of what you intend to do and what you intend to buy tog et setup
* Ask as many questions as you can on here - even if you think it may sound daft just ask as thats how you learn
* Watch youtube videos as these can help massively

Latest Posts

Back