New carpets, trad or Vikan indoor kit?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Max, Mar 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Max

Max Member

Got a potential custy who wants outsides every month and insides every 3 months, but she has a concern over dirty water and mess ruining her new carpets, I have said I will go over options when I call round. Would you consider using the Vikan kit as video on Gardiner website seems to show it works or stick to advising trad is the only option.
    I don't know how dirty her windows are yet but it would be nice to offer her a couple of options. If I purchased the Vikan it would need to be good enough to offer to other customers as I don't see the point for just one customer. All advice greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I always put a plastic backed decorators sheet down, or an old (clean) white bed sheet. Never had a problem and the customers appreciate the effort. I also make sure my mop is not saturated and then 'shadow' the squeegee underneath so it catches the majority of the drips - obviously this is only possible on the larger Windows. I would never buy new kit just for one job.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

.......oh. And get yourself some of the shoe 'condoms/covers' , another nice touch that seems to be appreciated - I always double bag too as the ones I buy don't last that long. I think it's a bit weird when someone comes to your house to do work in their socks, I don't really want to inflict that smell and my hole ridden socks on people.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

don't over complicate things,fill a few empty washing up liquid bottles with your choice of liquid,put them in your pouches.shoe protectors,old sheet,and micros

5. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

I bought a vikan to do a large colony roof inside. Since then have used it on several internal cleans. Just a quick spray of pure on the Windows then a quick rub with the vikan pad and jobs a good un. Well worth the investment.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If the windows are big enough I would use the Stingray, otherwise I have some cheap bath towels from B&M and I cover the sill before tradding.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just trad it like normal and put a towel down when you do doors
    If your applicator isn't sopping wet you get no drips and wipe squeegee before you take it off the sill

Advertisement