New Customer Forms?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, Feb 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

In the download section i noticed there were lots of forms, some were pretty good, i noticed theres a new customer form with terms and conds in it. does anyone actually use this form and get there customers to sign and agree to there terms and cond. i seem to be getting lots of messers recently and this could be a way to get rid of players and get the good customers. i think it shows you run a genuine pro business and not just some geezer with a notepad and pen style business.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i have had a late payment warning on my invoices from day one, only had one that messed me about in 2 years. most pay on the day or with-in a week.
    have the odd 1 or 2 that i allow to pay next time,

3. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Good idea mate,last financial year was a nightmare with all late payers.I've started to clamp down now.

4. JDMW

JDMW Guru

see the problem is, when u get chatty to customers and you clean windows of people you know they start to take the pee i find. they push there luck. i get a few like this, some are on 4 weekly cleans but unless i remind them i can wait 8 weeks for a payment. another got funny with me and got rid of me because i demanded payment in 7 days. i say how would they like to get to work on a fri and there boss say sorry luv, no wages today, i cant afford to pay you, i gotta go and buy some fags or some chocolate because thats more important. thats how i see it. i got lots of customers on my facebook page and i read stories of im broke blah blah blah, then sunday morning posts saying oh my head that was a messy night out drinking. :angry:

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

the ones who say NOT TODAY its raining or snowing. they get under my skin. if i wasnt desperate for custys id tell them where to go bigtime.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

it reads:-

payment to be made with-in 14 days of invoice.
    late payment could incur a £5 charge

most i've ever been owed from domestic customers is about £20 each month.

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i got one customer that says not this month, but i always keep them on, im passing there door each month so dont bother me.
    i dont mind customers that are like that.

went out door knocking last week, picked up 3 different houses from one house, theres, there sons and there mothers, all because i said that they can swap from 4 weekly to 8 weekly if they wanted to at any time! in total they are worth £55,

8. OoO

OoO Guest

Christ! Not been owed less than 4 figures for years.

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

mine says

payment to be made with-in 7 days of invoice.
    late payment could incur a £10 Administration charge.
    maybe 10 quid is a bit much, i think most would cancel dont you think

10. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Rc that's a brilliant idea,I'm going to use that if that's okay as at stage now when ain't got time fir bad payers.thanks mate

Advertisement