Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Electrical Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

If I want to power a 1500w mains Hoover, what size battery would I need for aprox 2 hours running time?

I'm no good at maths, it will have an inverter on it.

Thanks

Dave

Is this for car cleaning?

Couldn't ya get a really decant plug in car vacuum?

Or use a extention cable and plug into customers house?

This would be so much cheaper option

I do at the moment but I have a row of them to do so was thinking about a trolley, its time consuming running cables in there home, the only "portable" Hoover is the dyson which I thought about, but think they only last 15 minutes or so before a re charge

If you're talking about those Dyson hand held things like this one

378251.jpg

...then I would forget it. We(me n the missus) bought one of those about 5 years ago and it's absolutely hopeless. We charged it up and the missus started using it on the stairs....she got about half way up before it was flat.

We've bought Dyson's for years now which is what made us favour this handheld but, it's the worse 100 quid we've ever spent.

It's possible that we just had one with a dodgey battery etc but, I wouldn't risk buying one again.

Mart.

If you're that worried about the noise could get yourself a Honda silent generator. Not cheap but would be ideal for what you want it for. Just make sure whatever one you look at it is more than capable of running whatever wattage vac etc you want to run.

If you're talking about those Dyson hand held things like this one
...then I would forget it. We(me n the missus) bought one of those about 5 years ago and it's absolutely hopeless. We charged it up and the missus started using it on the stairs....she got about half way up before it was flat.

We've bought Dyson's for years now which is what made us favour this handheld but, it's the worse 100 quid we've ever spent.

It's possible that we just had one with a dodgey battery etc but, I wouldn't risk buying one again.

Mart.
I heard this before /emoticons/sad.png

If you're that worried about the noise could get yourself a Honda silent generator. Not cheap but would be ideal for what you want it for. Just make sure whatever one you look at it is more than capable of running whatever wattage vac etc you want to run.
Think ill just get a normal

One, can they be mounted in a van (they will need an exhaust i presume)

With todays technology....isn't there a decent "plug into the cigarette lighter" vacuum ? The advancement of 12v impact guns have really come on lately and the home mechanic can undo bolts in excess of 200psi with these things....just wondering if you can get high quality 12v vacuums these days.

I know it isn't gonna look very professional though but....thought I'd mention it anyway.

Mart.

Latest Posts

Back