New Customers Messing Around

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harvey69, Oct 29, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harvey69

harvey69 Member

Hi is it me ? Or do you also have new customers agreeing for a clean once a month and then when you call the day before the second clean they pretend not to know what you re talking about? It happened to me twice this week !!!! If you do have that kind of new customers . How often does it happen?? Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Start charging extra for the initial clean then.

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

That is were you going wrong....
    Goin to customers houses day before second clean!

Why?

4. harvey69

harvey69 Member

Well it s only when I get some new customers I'm somehow not sure about that I send a text message saying I ll be cleaning the house next day. Before cleaning a house of a new customers
    you need access to what kind of text do you send the day before?

5. harvey69

harvey69 Member

But yes ! I did start charging extra for the initial clean as I ve realised a lot of people would come back on their words of having their house cleaned once a month to : I will call you back !!

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My take on new custys is that you have to bed them in if you see what I mean. They don't know you, they are handing over their hard earned dosh etc. It's like a mobile phone contract but with a get out clause if and when it suits. They have to get to know and trust you. It takes time in a lot of cases.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Text something like this. 'Window cleaner calling tomorrow, please leave gate unlocked. Many thanks Harvey.'

Basically, you are telling them you are cleaning and not asking if you can clean. A forth right attitude helps, but don't be bullish.

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Agree with ^^ you are telling them you are going not asking permission. Ours is saved as a template and says
    "Hi we are coming to clean your windows tomorrow, please leave your gate open if required"

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

after 2 years I cant be bothered to text or call 99% of them. I just turn up and start cleaning. i have about 4 that I call to check that they are home.

10. harvey69

harvey69 Member

makes sense to me ! Cheers for your help ! It really helped!

Advertisement