new customers

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by danny81, Apr 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. danny81

danny81 Member

hello been on the site a few days now just been purely reading OK new to the job got trad equipment ready to go just need customers now lol from reading many posts guessing that door knocking is best also thinking have some cards with me so houses where no one in will post card through thinking of knocking mon to fri midday until 7 ish wondering if anyone can give any more advice got someone knocking with me also was wondering what would be a good average for the two of us knocking 7 hours per day 5 days per week any more advice would be very much appreciate thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

get some flyers or bussiness cards made up i find flyers are better for getting customers cards to give to people you talk to ect i got 5k made when i started 8 weeks ago

cant say an average mate tbh as every area is diffrant

but i like to go out for 2-3 hrs doing flyers and aim for 1 cusomter out of the 3hrs i'm out sometimes u get more sometimes u get less

also u could have a site made for your area and add on gumtree ect

gd luck

3. danny81

danny81 Member

thanks for advice much appreshiated hows thing going for you after 8 weeks

4. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Better than i thought tbh mate iv got windows to do most days but oviosly i need more like anyone lol

i still got a normal job from 7am till 11 am and do windows from 11 till when ever i finish that day :]

personally iv got a 2 year plan to be full time

so this year i'm aiming for around 100 customers so thats this april till next set myself a target to turn over 7k first financial year for a bit of fun as i love figures
    oviosly i will try my hardest to beat this lol

then next year hit around 150-200 customers and be fully reliant on windows for my income so no PAYE job.

if your serious about doing it id suggest
    registering self employed
    pay ni
    get some public liability insurance
    get some t shirts with your name on
    maby a website
    and then get hunting for customers

work is out there just got to find it bit like fishing lol

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

good one Welsh, but the website is not a critical issue in the first month or so. use GUMTREE, I only put a add on there last week for the first time and got a one-off... customers seem to use it a lot. my add has 400 views or clicks.

6. Ryan

Ryan Guest

no its not critical actually far from it but its nice to have and thay cheap enough tbh aint they

plus i love the net so nice to have my own little bit also getting onto the first page of google for your area can only be a good thing imo

ya iv tryed gumtree got me 2 jobs in 2 months now worth it coz its free :]

also Facebook is good thats got me 4-5 jobs so far and thats free :]

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Good idea door knocking but bear in mind from midday till prob about 4ish a lot of people may not be in so it will prob be a lot of flyers between 12 & 4 of which if you get roughly 3 jobs from 500 you'd have done well. In my experience I've had calls up to 6 months after delivering them. All the best with it.

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Did you get ur website sorted wc

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

nearly there paul just me begin slow with pics tbh is holding me back from showing you lol

10. danny81

danny81 Member

thanks for all the good advice taking it all in few things in mind now think i may go knocking between 4 and 730 then hopefully cleaning windows in the day thanks

Advertisement