Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter overflows in corner when it rains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got a gutter job booked in on the 9th but I haven't got a ladder that's long enough to reach as high as the one in your pic, I will have to buy one or use my vac with my camera and see what's inside that's making it overflow in the corner.

Sometime a guttervac works fine & other times I've found its better to do by hand using a ladder. Hence why I use that gutter clearing ladder setup in the pic as is a whole lot safer and easier to do roofline work that way.

To be honest I very rarely use that combi ladder as a "A" frame ladder now as when the ankalad is deployed the ladder can be used as a free standing ladder upto 14ft anyhow. In doing so I’ve found it very handy to getting high enough to clean the exterior of conservatory roofs etc without the need to use a standoff or resting a ladder on guttering etc. It’s also very good for accessing flat roofs too as the ladder is very stable when stepping on/off the ladder when the ankalad is set up properly.

Example pics so you get the idea - note the ladder was set at that angle so I could use it as a guttervac pole rest before I adjusted the angle of the ladder to clean the conservatory roof.

View attachment 2460

View attachment 2461

Some corners can be a pig to do properly by guttervac as sods get matted under the the lead flashing so the gutter can be still blocked in the corner. Not to mention the roof vallies can be blocked too that you can't reach by using a guttervac anyhow ...

Smurf.....is it just gutters and connies you clean or do you have a round too?

Only being nosey as you are the gutter guru lol

Yep I have a small selected round also but to be honest I hate cleaning windows too.

That'll explain your guru status on all gutter related issues lmao

Keep up the good work mucka, love the improvised tools

Back