Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery not charging

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jon Grainger

Hi guys

Coming here on the off chance you can help or give me some peace of mind! Just gone to put my Leoch Golf cart battery on charge for tommorow, it's done two full days, plugged it in, and the green charging light on the charger, rather than turning red, stayed green.

I swapped the terminals over, and both the green and red light started flashing as it should, but no matter what happens, the charge level light stays green. Tried everything I can think of, but still nothing.

I have a massive day tomorrow, so I will leave on overnight to see if it charges (and the light is playing up). If it doesn't work though, any tips to keep me going? Is it possible to use a car battery?

Regards

J

What sort of charger are you using mate? Sounds like the battery is fully charged.

Is it on a van mount or Trolley?

Do you use a split charge relay on it?

If you have mixed the polarity up by putting your charger's positive cable on the negative battery terminal then you have damaged your charger.

Some chargers have a fuse to protect against reverse polarity. If yours has then a replacement fuse of the same size should sort the problem out.

Back