Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aluminium Poles Good For High Reach?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WJCN64

Hi i was just wondering if they hold together more at high reach i have a gardener slx-35 but bend to much any sugestions?

Nothing will be more rigid than a carbon fibre pole. Alu poles are good if you have a few guys working for you because they are tough as anything, there's a video where brodex drive over one with a car and it still works! But carbon fibre is the best.

There shouldnt be that much flex in an SLX at 35ft? SLX is full carbon isn't it?

I bought one its ok as long as you don't use it for a length of time, unless you are built like man mountain... /emoticons/wink.png

There's also the weight issue with aluminium, I use up to 25ft Brodex poles but carbon fibre above that.
Ditto, I used to have to use an alloy for 30 foot stuff, it was like a labour of Hercules. But manageable at 25 foot, or 4 sections on an unger

The 36 footer is a heavy beast by todays standard not too bad the more vertical the position somebody does a extension for the euro angle adapter to convert to a gooseneck after using a 36 footer all day that was my impression of what would improve the usability the idea being the more vertical you can keep the pole the less weight you feel leaning it over conservatories to get awkward windows would recommend a tekbuc sidewinder brush adapter as never seem to get the brush to sit right into corners of windows as too much goes into controlling the pole the answer to your question though is they are rigid but you pay the price over the day in weight fair price too

poles that are flexy are better for me cos i find flexy poles are better for awkward windows

Well ive had it for about 8 months now n usit for everything, well when fully extended its realy floppy im thinking i need to get a 20ft ali pole for normal 1st storie houses with dormas, to save my gardener pole....

"

Ditto, I used to have to use an alloy for 30 foot stuff, it was like a labour of Hercules."

I just wonder if window cleaners need to man-up i came from the roofing industry so i think ill be able to handle it :-D

"Ditto, I used to have to use an alloy for 30 foot stuff, it was like a labour of Hercules."

I just wonder if window cleaners need to man-up i came from the roofing industry so i think ill be able to handle it :-D
Ha ha ha -

*gets popcorn*

Perhaps, I'm no mr universe, but there's also the RSI factor to consider and a heavier pole will affect that more, not sure to what extent muscle mass negates those effects.

Hi i was just wondering if they hold together more at high reach i have a gardener slx-35 but bend to much any sugestions?
I wouldn’t bother with Aluminium poles, stay with carbon fibre poles.

I have a carbon fibre Facelift pole that reaches about 40ft, can’t say I notice the flex when I use it; it has the older clamps on it. The pole sections are longer so it has fewer pole sections & clamps – more clamps means more flex as do more or shorter pole sections –

Other things to look for is the size of the pole section overlap when you extend the pole, a few inches more overlap and the pole will be more rigid, bigger clamps gives more support, less flex again making the pole more rigid and slightly larger tube section diameters makes a more rigid pole.

As you go higher use a pole with longer pole/tube sections.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back