Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

In-line TDS Meter on RO

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use a DM-2 inline tds meter with 1/2" sensors.

DM-2 Dual Line TDS Meter with John Guest Fitting by HM Digital - TDS Meters - Water Treatment - Pure Water Systems - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

It has 2 buttons for 2 sensors. The first is "in" and the second "out".

The "in" sensor is spliced into the pure water pipe after r/o but before the di. The "out" is spliced into the pipe after the di and before the storage tank/IBC tank.

Whilst the r/o is running I can see at the push of a button what the r/o is producing and what the di is doing. It has a on/off button, but the unit will switch off after a preset amount of time to save batteries. Mine has the same batteries in it since new - 4 years ago.

Thanks @spruce, I did look at the Daqua site before I posted this thread, but thought I'd get advice first. My hoses are all half inch. Does the one you recommend have half inch fittings?

Thanks @spruce, I did look at the Daqua site before I posted this thread, but thought I'd get advice first. My hoses are all half inch. Does the one you recommend have half inch fittings?

I got mine from Daqua. I initially supplied the Daqua link but changed it when I saw that Gardiners has them in stock.

These are John Guest fittings so are for John Guest hose.

If you order these then you will also have to order the JG stem to barb adaptors. So you need 4 x

1/2" John Guest Stem to 1/2" Barb - 1/2" Fittings - John Guest Fittings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

You will also need some hose clips but those depend on the outside diamt of the hose PF use.

I got mine from Daqua. I initially supplied the Daqua link but changed it when I saw that Gardiners has them in stock.
These are John Guest fittings so are for John Guest hose.

If you order these then you will also have to order the JG stem to barb adaptors. So you need 4 x

1/2" John Guest Stem to 1/2" Barb - 1/2" Fittings - John Guest Fittings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

You will also need some hose clips but those depend on the outside diamt of the hose PF use.

So, if I bought this HM Digital DM-2 Dual Inline TDS Meter Monitor Commercial for RO Unit | eBay I would need to buy 2x of these, assuming the probes slot into a 3/8 housing John Guest Reducing Tee 1/2" to 3/8" Outlet - 3/8" Fittings - John Guest Fittings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems and 4x of these 1/2" John Guest Stem to 1/2" Barb - 1/2" Fittings - John Guest Fittings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Is this what I need Spruce?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The probes are 1/4 inch so has to be 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch which is part of the package along with stems on our site.
Got a link Doug? I want a dual in-line TDS meter. I have 1/2" hose that it will connect to.

Got a link Doug? I want a dual in-line TDS meter. I have 1/2" hose that it will connect to.
DAQUA - Suppliers of In Line TDS Meters

Doug has the HM-1 in stock currently which is slightly more simple in operation; a slider for in or out rather than push button. They are made by the same manufacturer. My main focus is the "in" sensor. I know the resin in my di will last a year so I only start watching that in the summer when it comes due for changing.

There is a drop down box to specify fittings for 1/2"

The way I see it that you will then need to order 4 adaptors. They come in a pack of 2. They are the 4th item down on the page.

JG 1/2" OD ST.PIPE X 1/2" Hosetail

DAQUA - Suppliers of John Guest Fittings

If I want to know what my tap water tds is at any time then I just take a sample from the cold water tap in the kitchen with my hand held tds meter. /emoticons/wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Push in 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/4" john guest T pieces aren't too easy to find from suppliers. So the ebay link could cause you problems if that supplier hasn't got the t piece for 1/2" hose.

Personally, I would order it from Gardiners then if its the HM-2 that you want and be done with it.

I can see ordering it from a cheaper supplier on the Ebay may end up to be a drama trying to source T Pieces. In the end you won't be paying that much more, especially if you can find some consumables and swell the order for free postage. (You probably won't be far short of free postage with the meter and those 4 hose barbs anyway.)

Back