New Fibredyne Prefilters By Pentek.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by David Taylor, Jun 7, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

These new 10 inch pre filters combine sediment and carbon so do away with the need for 2 10 inch pre filters.

£19+vat supposed to last for 75,000 litres

My verdict after 1 months use is - i`ll go back to the tried and tested way.

Lost virtually all pressure at the RO down to 20-30psi from a boosted pressure of 100psi+

Dont know if the pre filter suffered because of the high pressure being put through it but the standard sediment and carbon block never did.

Advertisement
  2. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

im installing a 20 inch version of this tomorrow, ill let you know how i find it, its meant to have Increased pressure at the RO due to single filter use

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

yeah worked well at first, then blocked up quickly i`ve put around 10000 litres through it last month. pressure went from 100 to 75 then straight to 20-30.

hope you have more luck with it.

be good to hear how you get on.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seemed a daft Idea combining 3 filters in one as was very sceptical it would work for very long and you have just confirmed they don't. :Image3:

5. Masons

Masons Guru

I thought the thread title was Welsh when I first saw it.

6. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hi TM74

Did you purchase these filters from Gardiner Pole Systems?

Is it being used on mains water?

If so we would like this filter returned for the manufacturer to see. I have already forward the contents of this forum post to Pentek's main agent in the UK for their comments. I am sure that they will want to examine the filter in detail.

Pentek has invested many millions of pounds in developing these filters so would be very concerned about such an issue.

Please give our office a call on 01726 66400 and they will arrange SAE to be sent to you for its return.

7. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

OK we have a major problem with these!! Will be calling gardiners asap, just installed this today and lost at least 80% of my pressure!!! Not a happy bunny!!!

8. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Hi Brightsure

When you say you have lost 80% of your pressure where and how have you measured this? Has your production actually dropped?

Because these filters offer less resistance to the flow of water the water pressure will read differently from standard filters which offer far more resistance to the water flow. The best way of reading the water pressure is to first of all measure the pressure with a pressure guage pre the filter with an open outlet and then after the filter with an open outlet - this will tell you the exact pressure drop from the filter which should be very minimal.

9. Brightsure

Brightsure Active Member

Yes i have a pressure guague before it hits the 40" RO the production has pretty much droped by 80 percent, to even get any pressure come through i am having to turn the flush valve off, its totally not useable, i have a booster pump fitted and even with the booster pump on i cant get above 30 psi on the pressure guage it will only hit 40 psi with the waist fully closed when i always run it at 80-90psi. I have just tried to call you and left a message on your answer phone.

Also just a note that there seems to be a problem with your online contact form, for some reason its throwing up errors if i use the contact form. But i have left a message on the answer phone.
    You can email me on mail@brightsure.com

10. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

HI Brightsure

I have forwarded your reply to Pentek's main agents for their input - this is quite strange as it should have the opposite affect.

Could you carefully check that the housings do not have any kind of blockage - remove the new pre-filter disconnect oulet from the input to the RO and then measure the through flow with no filter in place. It is not unheard of for housing's inlet/outlets to become blocked on changing pre-filters.

Advertisement