new flyers through custies doors

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by clear view of silverton, Jan 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. clear view of silverton

clear view of silverton Active Member

So someone has been flyering round where i work with flyers saying £1 a window frames and sills incluled trad it sounds very cheep to me beause that would make it £5 cheeper for custies on that street i wonder if this is normal priceing ? Any advice greatfully reciveed

Advertisement
  2. Geoff Szita Cross

I've had most my customers since day one I have a great relationship with most off them as they have become friends as well they often tell me some one as been knocking about window cleaning if you provide a good professional service why worry your customers will stay with you. Any body is free to canvas wherever they want it's a free world as they say and if a customer s going to dump you for a couple of £ there not worth having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. clear view of silverton

It was my custies that told me and im not worryied i was just wondering if this was normal priceing or if he was just cutting of his own nose just makes priceing new work a little harder

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

sounds normal pricing

5. Geoff Szita Cross

As above then pricing sound s spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It depends
    Most people price per window or by time taken
    I price by how long the job would take to get my hourly rate
    Seems a lot go per window but i don't think that is the best way

7. clear view of silverton

Yeah thats how i price my custies are loyal and love my work so happy with that but just loooking at slow growth and ways to combat that and make sure im not pricing to high

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I agree that £1 per window / door is reasonable. If that's undercutting you by a fiver per job welm fair play to you.

I personally feel (residential) that £1 per window or door is becoming nationwide industry standard (excluding the overchargers in London :p)

When I price a job I always try to consider what price that needs to be in order to keep that customer loyal. It does not matter how loyal you think they are sooner or later if a noob startup came along at £10 per job less you would see quite a loss.

9. Alien Human

Sounds like quite a clever form of advertising. There's a chap down here that says 'Prices start from as little as £3.50 per house'

....he reels them in and then builds from there. It's one of the oldest tricks in the sales book.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Oh yes when we drop our gutter clearing flyers it always says prices 'from' £25

Gotta go with what works.

Advertisement