New Forumer.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by joellynx75, Jan 25, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. joellynx75

joellynx75 Guest

Hello everyone,
    I worked for a friend who window cleaned in halifax. then I met my wife in Scotland, moved up, got given work slowly over several months from other very kind window cleaners, got new customers here and there.
    came across this site when i was looking for a comparison between squeegee rubbers, i have only 2 left!!!

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Hi and welcome just read your email. To answer that I am nost sure how you can tell if your two left are soft or hard but someone may know.

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Joel, and Welcome.

As far as the rubbers go - if you are in scotland then I assume that it is cold - in which case I would consider going for the soft rubbers.

In essence Hard rubbers last longer but need a bit more pressure, Soft rubbers dont last as long - but can be nicer to use.

I used to use Pulex Hard - Using them in my 14" squeegee, then turn them, then downsize to 12, 8, and 6 - being tight I made them last for ages.

Now though - I use Ettore Soft - which are brilliant. I only use them once - dont turn them over, but change them when needed. Costs more but the speed increase of using nice rubbers far outweighs it.

With both rubbers I find that it always takes 1 house for them to "bed in".

Looking forward to seeing your posts.

4. joellynx75

joellynx75 Guest

appreciate your advice there, earlier i ordered some unger rubber 36" hard, I'll cut it into three 12" strips, I last had been using 36" pulex, didnt know if it was hard or soft.
    Anyway, 1st time trying the unger hard, let u know how i get on with that.
    Also ordered another unger sleeve microstrip for my 14" mop.
    CHEERS:)
    ps. do a lot of us use fairy liquid?

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Fairy is still popular, but Ecover washing up liquid is gaining popularity.

Loads of users also use specific window cleaning detergents - GG3, Unger liquid - there are loads to choose from

6. James

James Guru

Welcome to the forums Joel!

James.

7. chip

chip Guru

i go middle ground with rubbers, unger 3star i think it's called, it's been a while since i got any, but it's the one that comes in 42 inch lengths. i find soft wear too fast and hard skid too much

8. James

James Guru

Agreed, soft wear far too quickly and the hard do tend to slip & slide to quickly for my liking.

James.

9. barney

barney Guest

HI ALL FIRST TIME ON WCF JUST STARING UP CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW MANY PEOPLE SAY YES TO WORK OUT OF 10 ?:(

10. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

U mean when canvassing? I would probably say 1 in 20. You can get 3 in a row, then get non for ages. Someone has worked out the exact figures somwhere, they may post more accurate info.

Welcome anyway.

P.s typing in CAPITALS is classed as shouting on a forum. Just a heads up! :)

Advertisement