Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can't Shift These Stains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Don't know if you can see them on the pic. They are like hard water stains. Tried Virorosol neat and still no good.

What will shift it?

IMAG0262_zps647eddb9.jpg

Can't see what you mean in the pick Tuffers but H-Mans stuff I would have thought would do the trick (see vid section)

Or maybe other types of hardwater stain removers my work

Yeah, pic not showing the marks. They are the same as when someone has watered a hanging basket in a hard water area and the water has been left to dry. As a last resort I smeared the glass with pure Virosol and let it dry, then repeated a few times. It just wouldn't budge. I told the lady I could remove it when I took the job on. I feel a bit bad about it now.

Do you use this stuff then?

For me using this type of acid based products would be the last resort if all other hardwater stain removers fail.

Don't forget to get the owner to sign a wavier to cover your own **** if you use this product.

For me using this type of acid based products would be the last resort if all other hardwater stain removers fail.

It`s not as strong as what h man uses. If you are doing this type of work you would already or should have spoken to the customer asking if they would like at extra cost the glass restoring.I use it at a garden centre which has hard water and the windows are always heavily water marked from sprinklers and watering etc. they get this treatment at extra cost twice per year.

it will get rid of any thing on the glass not just water marks.

this guy is proper out of shape. get down the gym fat boy!

Hard water stains. Get yourself a bottle of unger rub out.. Bloody brilliant.. Rub on, scrub for a minute, leave a few secs, mop then blade, then should all be away!!

I done a job yesterday and got good photos of it..

winsol 550 glass restorer.

removes alkali stains, concrete run off, haze etc etc.
Good stuff, but you have to be really careful with it. It is as thin as water, and can mark framework, cement surround etc if you get over spill. Don't do what I did and mess around with it on your marble kitchen work top - my Mrs isn't happy with the permanent stain :Image8: I had to promise to grind out the marble and re-polish it... It's on the list.

There are a number of other safer products available from window cleaning suppliers that can take hard water stains off like the product Belfast Cleaning mentions. I have come across what looks like hard water stains, but they wouldn't shift with a number of things. Then I discovered that the windows had been treated. So, I assume the glass treatment had been damaged in some way - maybe by acid rain?

Hard water stains. Get yourself a bottle of unger rub out.. Bloody brilliant.. Rub on, scrub for a minute, leave a few secs, mop then blade, then should all be away!!

I done a job yesterday and got good photos of it..

Back