new gardiner superlite soft brush with fan jets

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jan 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

?

pencil or fan jets for water-fed pole

1. fan jets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. pencil jets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gardiner have started doing brushes with fanjets purchased one couple of weeks back it cost £52 with postage. well worth it awesome brush so much better with fan jets rather than pencil jets especially for streamy hydrophobic windows. Quicker all round as it covers more surface area well worth the moeny

Advertisement
  2. simon

simon Guru

hi mate is it true they use less water than pencil jets ?????

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Yes they do use less water and gives a deeper clean because the area of coverage is wider

4. chip

chip Guru

i thought tyey always had the option of fanjets? do you mean the push fit nylons? i've heard they've a tendancy to break. which brush was it you got, i bought the medium dual sill, good brush ridiculously light, could do with another row or 2 of bristles and it loses them easy. have'nt made my mind up wether i prefer fan or pencil, probably fan, but i'll do a bit longer with pencils to give it a fairer comparison. next brush will probably be a soft dual, probably sill again.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I liked the new nylon fanjets, but broke them after a fort***ht.
    Wondered if it was possibly the movement of the aquadapter that contributed
    Liked the fan jets, but back on pencils.

I did find too that using fan jets with hot water loses a lot more heat than pencils.

6. chip

chip Guru

that surprised me at first but does make a certain amount of sense

7. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

the white ones have a tendecy to snap, alex was looking at making them toughter, i have been throught 3 sets and gone back to the old style fan gets, just drilled out 12mm holes and fitted them

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Think I may also go back to old style.
    Originally Alex said best not to use them on an extreme brush, because the stock is not very thick. Is yours on an extreme?

9. James

James Guru

About time they started doing them! I've noticed that the surface area covered by these brushes are quite wide. Do you still have to trim the brush back to allow the water from the fan jets to 'get out' so to speak?

James.

10. well i just snapped one of my new nylon fan jets!!!! not a happy bunny, gardiner are sending me a replacement. If i were to change over to the old style fan jets do i need to make the holes in the brush bigger?? Also the 60 degree ones, does the brush need to be clipped so the water doesnt hit the bristles

Advertisement