New Gardiners Backpack...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windyman, Apr 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Just seen this on their website, coming soon:

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_BACKPACK.html

Would be good for someone to review once they have one.

I can only see 2 things wrong with it:

1- You can't see the fill level from the outside (same as WCW one)

2- the controls are on the back. OK if on a trolley or whatever, but if it's on your back (it is a backpack!) then the controls are difficult if not impossible to use. On the side like the WCW is the ideal place.

Look forward to hearing more about it.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

how do you know where the controls are?

3. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

It will not be on sale until later in May, but I have been using it for the last 2 months, although only as an occasional tool for certain jobs.

You can just see the fill level - if you tilt the unit you can see the water level moving. The controls are on the back, but generally you do not need these if you use a flow valve on the pole as you would set you desired flow speed to start with and then just turn the valve on and off. I would not recommend to anyone using one as a backpack all of the time due to manual handling issues.

In my use of it I have found the flow control very useful and the construction quality of it has been far superior to my previous version. I will be positing on the website photos of all of the electronic connections inside as they are of a very superior quality and I am sure will stand the test of time very well.

It will be very interesting to see how they are received by the market when released.

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Do people actually use them on their backs? I just put mine on the ground and use it with long pole hose with an aqua-dapter. I can't imagine how uncomfortable and hard it must be to work with it on my back. And I used to be a coalman!!

5. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

what sort of price are they going to be selling for alex ?[hr]
    also what psi pump is in it

6. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I've got a WCW version - bright orange, with their name on side. V smart. The very best that China has to offer. Instructions were a real hoot :)

7. simon

simon Guru

alex i carry a phil hewitson 18ltr bpack all day long on my back & its great. i've got 2 so it will be a while till i need a new one but why would you not recommend using your all day ??? it looks good -- also id love to review it for ya scrounge scrounge scrounge

8. Paul

Paul Guest

I had my wcw one day and decided on a trolley bugger carting that beast on my back in every clean, the only thing I struggle with putting it on a trolley is pushing the trolley and holding my pole I must look like a rite tool tripping over and thumberling around. [hr]
    Hey vito they are very smart and colourful lol can see me a mile off

9. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Aiming for £115+VAT Free Delivery

It has a 40psi pump - very strong little pump complete with variable speed flow controller.

10. simon

simon Guru

lol i tried a trolley out - just a cheapish b&q job nearly broke my wrist twice on 1st day & a wheel fell off next day

Advertisement