Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Answer for new work

mark m

Well done, you guessed it, I get work from a fete.

There are two ways I get work from a fete. The first is a silent auction (lots of fetes do this as it is a way they raise money from donations). Both my local pubs offer meals, a local builders merchant offered a wheel barrow etc. What happens is if you want the service you put a silent bid in and the highest wins. I have offered in the last two years free window clean which on both occasions led to regular monthly cleans. I also offered in another local fete, where they do not have silent auction, a free window clean. When they ask for prizes I have been lucky and I have kept both clients. With either way there is not a lot of risk so give them a go . My youngest goes to cubs and last year i also offered my services for there raffle when they tried making money for some work they needed doing on there old scout hut again i got the regular work in all the cases above i got free and good advertising i am sure you can think of something now and i hope it helps

12 years ago before i lived in Dorset and i lived in south London there was fetes there and i did the same there but if you dont work anywhere there are fetes there are must be places that do raffles you could offer the winner 1/2 prices first window clean and recommend a Friend and get a free window clean .

Well I want to get new "windows cleaned today" cards and put a recommend a friend or neighbour for regular cleaning and get your next clean free

I'm sure it would encourage people to ask around to save themselves a few quid.. Tho I would maybe get some that says half price so I can give to the houses £10 upwards

Anyone tried dropping notes into every door near every new job you pick up EVERY time you clean?

This is one of mine that gives great results,.. its printed, but made to look "personal" and handwritten...

gutter_compliments_slip_x3.jpg

Its just a compliments slip with the basic "I'm cleaning your neighbours house - fancy a quote while i'm near" type spiel. I hand wrote one, & just photocopy them as required,.. but unless you look close it does look handwritten, which seems to give it that personal touch & makes it quite effective. /emoticons/wink.png

belfastcleaning

that is a really good idea ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

i think i might be doing that

lol

Back