Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole sections wearing down

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gaz

hi all I keep having to buy replacement pole sections as they get worn down with use and when the clamp is applied it just spins due to the wear n tear on pole section, new clamps don't solve this as its the pole section whats wore down. does any1 else have this problem and is there anything I can do or use instead of forking out for new pole sections cos they aint cheap. I got a ntech carbon pole from pure freedom, another ntech glass fibre one and a phoenix pole. I get this problem with all these 3. ive tried taping the part of the section what is worn down, but eventually the rest of the section gets worn down.

Put the clamp down few inches from end? Not ideal. One of my poles is so shagged, I have to close it up, tighten clamps, then extend it till it fastens.'

Maybe it's possible to cut 3 inches off each length of pole?

You probably need some better quality poles mate... They shouldn't wear down that fast, both my facelift poles are a year old and still loads of adjustment left in clamps, and my Gardiner poles are only 8 months old, but still, there's not the slightest bit of wear yet...

So perhaps get some new decent poles? Gardiner slx, or facelift Phoenix 'x' are both great

ISNT THE phoenix facelift x similar to the phoenix from pure freedom though? do you guys prefer full carbon or the cheaper carbon composite ones? im sure ive had full carbon before and they wore down so I switched to the cheaper composite ones , they just seemed same to me

Full Carbkn defo, can't beat them for rigidity and lightness!

Didn't think pure freedom sold facelift stuff?

Looks like pure freedom only sell the composite pole, you want the full carbon facelift Phoenix x or a Gardiner slx

ive had the full carbon ntech poles before and they were just as bad tbh so I swapped the full carbon sections with glass fibre ( or composite) sections and they seem better evan though they are suppose to be a poorer quality

There's your issue right there mate - ntech are a pants company for carbon poles, you need Gardiner or facelift Carbon poles

YEAH the glass fibre ntech actually seem better than the carbon ones. if I bought pole sections from a carbon phoenix x im assuming they would fit onto my phoenix carbon composite pole??

Put the clamp down few inches from end? Not ideal. One of my poles is so shagged, I have to close it up, tighten clamps, then extend it till it fastens.'
Maybe it's possible to cut 3 inches off each length of pole?
majority of sections are worn tbh, we have taped the worse parts at top then sawed them off but gradually all pole is getting worn.

the xline poles felt very nce at the show clamps felt the best ive ever used when my slx needs replacing im guna try the xline for shore also the pheonix edge realy floted my boat that felt qualty as well

Not sure if the Phoenix x pole sections are interchangble with the pro range mate..

Perhaps save for a couple of new poles...

had two slx 18months now well used ,

they are still going well with no problems

just priced section one on the 25ft £80 thats gd enough for me when needing replaced

ok so your paying more for these poles but they are quality

My clx18 is a year old but not used as much as some window cleaners and the sections are starting to spin a bit, im going to try clamping a couple inches from the end, makes sense to me

A clamp came away from the main pole on my SLX-22 today. The pole has only been used for 3 weeks and I'm very careful with my tools. Good job I had a spare pole on the van to finish the job. I've glued it now, so it should be ok.

Tuffers top tip: always carry 2 poles on your van.

by sounds of it the slx are longer lasting than the clx or carbon longer lasting than the carbon composite. nowt u can do when they start spinning, be good if there was a fixable solution but a replacement pole section is the only answer. only downside with carbon is the sections are really expensive, makes me wonder whether its better to just keep replacing carbon composite ones more often instead of buying a carbon pole

re lacquer the pole 2 or 3 light coats good as new. There is a vid on youtube iv posted link on here before but i cant find it now. If you move the stop tape nearer the end of the sections they will snap

Back