Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black IBC Tank level guage?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all

New to the forums. Me and the missus are taking over a friends large round in the next few months and we are ironing out the wrinkles as they present themselves. 

The current situation is we have purchased a 1000 liter black tank for the water. It will be stored in our garden so went for the black over clear tank just to keep the sun off it as much as poss. Could anyone suggest the best way to know what level of water is inside without needing to keep unscrewing the cap to check? Anybody else use a black tank that knows a quick, easy and preferably cheapish option? 

I am sure this will be the start of many hours in these forums so Hello! Thank you in advance.

Rich

Last edited:
Hi Rich! I have a blue IBC tank for rainwater - it has a translucent line on one of the corners where you are meant to be able to see the water level, yours might have the same? If not you can buy level gauges from eBay specifically for IBC tanks: item numbers
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hi Rich! I have a blue IBC tank for rainwater - it has a translucent line on one of the corners where you are meant to be able to see the water level, yours might have the same? If not you can buy level gauges from eBay specifically for IBC tanks: item numbers
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Thanks so much, that looks just the ticket.  Cheers bud!

You can fit 2 90 degree elbows to the side of the tank one at the top and one at the bottom, then connect them with clear tubing to make a sight gauge.

You can fit 2 90 degree elbows to the side of the tank one at the top and one at the bottom, then connect them with clear tubing to make a sight gauge.
You have the risk of algae then though surely? My tank has a very dark opaque line down it and I get algae in it even though it's meant to be UV resistant or whatever!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back