New Guy On The Block

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by CNS-southwest, Sep 5, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Hi guys,

My names Dave.

I live in the middlesex area near heathrow.

I currently work in car claims in an office and frankly I'm not climbing any ladders (excuse the pun) despite me ( not being big headed ) being very good at my job, frankly I'm fed up and need to get out and about as I can't take this chicken pen anymore.

Now I have a little boy and a 2nd baby on the way. So I was going to begin by doing Saturdays (good way of getting more business) and merge to two days a week window cleaning, eventually leaving my old job completely. Now once the business is established I was going to consider doing all of the following: window cleanin, vehicle cleaning, carpet cleaning, driveway cleaning.

The only think I don't know how much to budget for, is liability insurance.

But I'm think (bar liability) that I'll just need £300 to get going (£150 ladder, £40 roof rack, £50 on business cards, leaflets an advertising, and the rest on bucket, tbar, squeegee, scraper, micro fibre etc )

Anyway hopefully you guys will be here to help and eventually in the future I can help others :)

Thank for reading folks,

Dave

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi mate welcome to the forum, PL insurance is only about £16 PCM mate

3. CNS-southwest

Sweet, just need some business cards an ill get started

4. CNS-southwest

Do I need to open a business bank account ???

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

not really, as long as you declare what you eran and show it it will be ok. but depends how big you get, its always worth it to start off with that way you can keep it all sepetrate.

6. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum Dave i moved from shepperton approx 13 years ago where i lived for 25 years you must be very near where i used to be

7. CNS-southwest

Hi, yes very close, I lived there not so long ago :)

Do all business bank accounts have a charge??

Thanks

Dave

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

yer they have a small charge, but mine was free for the first year with lloyds. they charge a monthly fee, then charge for waht you pay in and pay out!
    robbing bar*&%ds really!

9. CNS-southwest

Really, ah man why can't it just be like a normal account. See I was thinking of doing it with a bank account for insurance an what not. I was Gona do my wages a 70% of what was in the account on the first of each month ( bill coming out on the 28th ish) that way I could build some money up in there to buy new equipment and stuff as eventually I want to branch out to carpet cleaning, driveway cleaning etc aswell as the usual window cleaning rounds.

10. shreck123

shreck123 Guest

i bank with hsbc the stupid thing is they charge for you to pay cash into a business account. so what i was told to do was pay cash into personal then cross it over to business account that way then no charge

Advertisement