New hose connecters

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by mark m, Apr 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

Just filled up my van ready for tomorrow and my last one of my hozelock connectors is leaking so i replaced it with b&q connectors i am not sure how long these connectors are going to last but i have had mine 5 months and not a leak and they are only a £1 each

http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/garden-care-watering/watering-irrigation/sprinklers___hoses/-specificproducttype-connectors/Waterstop-Connector-11327530

Advertisement
  2. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Just a point on hozelock type connectors. If you look inside the female connector you will see the locking catches that grip onto the male part. On 'Hozelock' models I believe there are only 2 but there are some available with 3 catches. I'm confident that this must be a more secure connection. A friend put me on to this and I always look out for this.

3. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

The last one that broke on me had 3 catches and every time I wound my hose in with the system pressurised it blew off. My 99p asda 1 seems to be working on.

[hr]
    Working ok ^^

Advertisement