Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo on different surfaces

WCF

Help Support WCF:

champers999

Evening gents :)

Im worried about Hypo getting onto wooden / pvc window frames during cleaning, I know that after cleaning Ill be rinsing down throughly but how long can I leave it before I need to rinse of ie do one section of the house move to another area and do whole house then come back and rinse?

Im just worried incase it doesnt take very long to react with wooden frames the it reacts and im trouble.

Cheers :)

Bare wood you will find it will take come of the color out if left on. I would think that wooden window frames would be painted so that shouldn't be a problem. As far as PVC goes as long as it doesn't dry on there it is normally not an issue. I would suggest using a 2% or so mix to start with and increase strength from there if required. Spraying on and leaving for 10-20 mins depending on how warm it is then taking it off.

Always try a small inconspicuous area first.

I did a house wash last week

Really nice job - owner delighted

But these orange splash marks appeared on PVC doors

Pooped myself

Fetched solvent , UBIK etc no change

5 mins later went back to look

They DISSAPEARED ! Really strange still don't know why

Just beware it makes a mess on Tarmac

We mixed loads on a big job (gangster types house ) and leaked on Tarmac

He rang up and said 'it looks like someone's been dogging on my drive '

Bare wood you will find it will take come of the color out if left on. I would think that wooden window frames would be painted so that shouldn't be a problem. As far as PVC goes as long as it doesn't dry on there it is normally not an issue. I would suggest using a 2% or so mix to start with and increase strength from there if required. Spraying on and leaving for 10-20 mins depending on how warm it is then taking it off.
Always try a small inconspicuous area first.
Thanks for taking time to get back to me, this is my first time using Hypo so I'm trying to be super careful. You mention a 2% mix, I can online see Hypo containing 15% are you saying I need to look for a solution of 2% rather than 15% or do you mean for me to dilute the 25% down to 2%.....

Sorry for being a pain but this is my first go with Hypo so any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Clive

Thanks for taking time to get back to me, this is my first time using Hypo so I'm trying to be super careful. You mention a 2% mix, I can online see Hypo containing 15% are you saying I need to look for a solution of 2% rather than 15% or do you mean for me to dilute the 25% down to 2%.....
Sorry for being a pain but this is my first go with Hypo so any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks for getting back to me /emoticons/smile.png

Clive
When I get my hypo I get 10-11%. Dilute it with water down to the 2%

in my case if I want 2% I will eyeball 1 part hypo to 4 parts water in my sprayer. NOT 1:50 which would be 2% of 10%.

Back